C # is a great programming language, and all the tools you need to get started are free and easy to use. Although C # is often associated with Microsoft and closed source code, free software proponents simply use DotGNU, which provides more or less the same basic functions and allows you to learn and modify the kernel without any restrictions. The instructions below describe both a FOSS-oriented approach and a Windows-oriented one. C # also works with the .NET framework.
About Visual Studio
This is a professional development environment, it has tremendous tools for developing programs and allows you to write code in various languages (C / C ++, C #, Python and others). Do not be afraid of the word “professional”, if you begin your journey on the road of programming with this development environment, then in the future you will have a great chance to come out as an intelligent programmer.
Visual Studio also has an abbreviated name in the form of two Latin letters VS.
This product for writing and maintaining code is used by thousands of IT companies and the ability to handle VS will be a worthy plus for a novice developer.
Install Visual Studio
Since this is a powerful product, it is not cheap, but to our common happiness there is a free version called Visual Studio Community, and we will use it in the future. Do not worry, in this stripped-down version there is everything that is required to master the C # programming language.
- Make sure that you have about 50 gigabytes of memory free, the environment is voluminous in content and content,
- Standardly download the installer (the installer, in our opinion) from the link: https://www.visualstudio.com/en/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio/?sku=Community&rel=15. You will be transferred to another page (downloading will start automatically, if not, then follow the instructions on the page),
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet, this is required for a successful installation,
- After it is successfully downloaded to the computer, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon -> run as Administrator),
- The normal installation wizard will open, follow the instructions,
- Run the installation and do not touch the computer, the installation will be long. How long it depends on your PC, the more powerful it is, the less time it will take (I am developing professionally, so I have an Enterprise version, the installation took about an hour),
- After successful installation, the corresponding VS shortcut appears on the desktop and in the start menu,
This completes the installation of everything necessary for programming in C #.
In such a simple way, we figured out "installing programs for programming in C # (sharp)"!