Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
The number of sources used in this article is 8. You will find a list of them at the bottom of the page.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
Honey mustard is a tasty combination of sweetness and pungency. It is very easy to make at home. Make a classic honey mustard sauce that you tasted in your favorite restaurant, or try making a delicious salad dressing from honey mustard.
- Mustard 0.5 cup
- Honey 1/4 Cup
- Olive oil 2 tbsp. spoons
- Ground black pepper 1 pinch
Use honey and mustard at room temperature. Put the mustard in a bowl, and add honey (flower, may or buckwheat) to it.
Stir the mixture lightly with a fork or whisk, add a pinch of black ground pepper.
Lastly, pour olive oil (any vegetable oil, but odorless), it will give the mustard a delicate and creamy consistency.
Beat everything at high speeds, and then immediately serve to the table. Bon Appetit!
Powdered hot mustard at home - a quick recipe
A simple and quick recipe for making spicy, burning mustard at home. Of course, you can adjust the severity to your taste, but, for example, just this option suits me and my family.
- mustard powder - 3 tbsp. (with a slide)
- hot (40-50 ° C) water - 150 ml,
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- salt - 1 tsp,
- vegetable oil - 2 tsp,
- apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) - 2 tsp.
1. In a bowl add 3-4 tbsp. dry mustard powder.
2. Gradually, stirring, pour hot water, so that there are no lumps. Stir well until smooth.
You can adjust the density for yourself. If it turns out to be too liquid, just add another 1 tbsp. powder.
3. After obtaining a homogeneous mass, add 1 tbsp. sugar and stir.
The more sugar, the hotter the mustard.
4. Then 1 tsp. salt (no slide). Stir and add vegetable oil in the process.
5. Add 2 tsp. vinegar or lemon juice. And mix.
6. The taste of bitterness will be felt so that it does not need to be allowed to stand in a cold place. Pour into a jar and let stand 10-12 hours.
Having done quickly in the morning, you can safely use homemade mustard in the evening.
Step by step recipe with photo
Sweet mustard with honey has a special taste. This seasoning is widely used in cooking for meat dishes. Jellied meat, brawn, sausages is hard to imagine without mustard, and what a piece of fat with mustard is, just a song!
Prepare the ingredients for sweet mustard.
Pour the mustard powder into a cup or jar, pour water in small portions, stirring and rubbing the mustard so that there are no lumps. Then add honey, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, wine vinegar. If desired, you can add your favorite spices.
Mix everything well, shift into glass or ceramic dishes, close tightly and leave overnight in a warm place for ripening.
Homemade mustard powder with honey
As a result, this mustard has an original flavor and a special sweet tooth. It’s more suitable for an amateur of something unusual 🙂 A simple recipe, it’s worth a try, maybe this is what you need.
- mustard powder - 8 tbsp;
- flour - 2 tbsp.,
- honey - 3-4 tablespoons,
- water - 100 ml.,
- apple cider vinegar 6% - 6 tablespoons,
- salt - 1 tsp,
1. Add flour and mustard to the bowl. Mix.
2. Pour in 100 ml. boiling water and stir well.
3. Cover and leave for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, add salt and vinegar to the honey. Stir everything until smooth.
5. After 15 minutes, pour the honey mixture into mustard. And stir until smooth until all lumps disappear.
Everything is ready! Let it brew for 3-4 days to make the taste more elegant and not as harsh as in the beginning. Have a nice day!
Classic mustard recipe
A short video that talks about the classic way of cooking, without any additives. Everything is simple and fast. The author of the video, Tatyana, will very well explain everything step by step and show you. Watch and try.
- 4 dessert spoons of dry mustard powder
- 6 dessert spoons of very warm boiled water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1.5 dessert spoons of vegetable, and preferably olive, oil
- 1 dessert spoon of vinegar
Mustard at home on cucumber pickle
In past issues, she wrote about how to cook pickled cucumbers for the winter with and without sterilization. So .. you can use cucumber pickle to prepare mustard sauce, which is great for pickling meat. With it, the meat is soft and tender. Try this option.
- mustard powder - 5 tablespoons,
- cucumber pickle - 14 tablespoons,
- sugar - 1 incomplete tablespoon,
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp.,
1. First, lightly warm the brine. Then put in a bowl 5 tbsp. mustard powder.
2. Add an incomplete tablespoon of sugar and mix.
3. Add the brine and mix until smooth (salt does not need to be added, as it is already present in the brine itself).
If you want to use meat as a marinade, then do it thinner.
4. Transfer to a container or a glass jar, close and clean in a warm place for 8-10 hours (you can at night).
5. Once infused, water forms on top, which you just need to pour. Shuffle. And add vegetable oil.
To survive longer, add 1 tsp. vinegar. That's all friends, cook, try and eat for health! Share your ideas in the comments on who cooks. It will be interesting to read.
Video mustard recipe with honey
I came across a very unusual option. I'll try to do it too. I'll leave here so as not to lose)
By the way, the author of this video Millenia herself came up with a recipe for cooking medicinal mustard with ginger, honey and lemon and share it with us. Judging by the reviews, it’s very cool!
- mustard powder - 5 tablespoons,
- honey - 3 tablespoons,
- vinegar - 5-8 tablespoons,
- juice of one lemon
- lemon peel - 1 tsp,
- olive oil - 5 tablespoons,
- salt - 1.5 tsp,
- sugar - 3-4 tablespoons,
- ginger root - 4-5 cm + 1 glass of water,
That's all. I really hope that the article was useful to someone. if so, let me know. Please share with your friends by clicking on the social buttons below. It will be very nice)) And I wish you bon appetit! Until the next release.