For many women, the problem of removing unwanted hair is very relevant. In order to get rid of them, you can use the products of Nair or Veet, or any other means for depilation. However, repeated use of these products can cause irritation to your skin. Following the steps described below, you can have smooth and moisturized skin without actually moisturizing it. This method does not dry the skin, and although at first you may experience slight pain, you will soon get used to it.
Advantages and disadvantages
Any cosmetic manipulation has advantages and disadvantages. Epilation with honey at home in this is no different from others. Among the advantages are the following:
- Simplicity and usability. You can carry out the procedure at any time by choosing the right place for this.
- Availability at a cost. To get rid of excess vegetation on the body, you will not need to look for expensive components that make up the ingredients can be found in any housewife in the kitchen cabinet.
- The duration of the effect. After honey depilation, the hairs do not grow back within 3-4 weeks. If during the procedure you use special means to slow down hair growth and do this often, then the duration of the effect lasts more than a month.
- The constant use of honey to remove hair will gradually make it thinner and rarer.
- The procedure is absolutely safe, as it is carried out using only natural ingredients.
- Honey not only helps to remove excess hairs on the skin, but also has a good effect on the structure of the skin, making it smoother, softer and moisturized.
- Depilation in this way minimizes the likelihood of ingrown hairs.
But there are some disadvantages of the procedure:
- Honey, like any other beekeeping product, belongs to allergens. If there is a predisposition to allergic reactions, then before use it is necessary to conduct a test. To do this, apply a small amount of paste on the wrist and leave for 12 hours. If after this time redness does not appear, then you can safely carry out hair removal with honey.
- The procedure cannot be considered painless. Unpleasant sensations and pain are especially felt during the first depilation. Gradually, each time it will become less intense. To reduce pain, you can use special painkillers.
- After the removal procedure, red dots appear at the place of growth of each hair, but this is a completely normal skin reaction and after a few hours everything returns to normal.
- Immediately after hair removal, a couple of days is not recommended to go to the bath or sauna, as well as to sunbathe.
All these disadvantages are not critical, therefore, honey hair removal at home is popular.
How to prepare wax from honey?
To remove excess body hair at home, you can use ready-made compounds that are not difficult to buy. There is a second option - to cook honey paste yourself, this is quite simple. The recommendations are as follows:
- Cook sugar and honey in equal proportions.
- Squeeze juice from half a lemon.
- All components are connected in an enameled container or glass.
- Send to a water bath and mix thoroughly for 15-20 minutes.
- It is necessary to observe the consistency, the honey mixture should remain soft and elastic.
- After preparation, leave the composition to cool.
During cooking, it is important to ensure that the mixture does not boil, since sugar will turn into caramel, which will make the composition unsuitable for use.
Extracts of medicinal plants, glycerin, beneficial to the skin, and essential oils can be added to the prepared honey paste.
Here are some recipes for hair removal with honey:
- For sensitive skin, you can prepare the following composition: take a glass of sugar, add 50 ml of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of honey and a couple of teaspoons of water.
- This composition can be prepared in the microwave: mix 7 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of liquid honey, add 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar and a teaspoon of lemon. After thorough mixing, send the mixture for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- For all types of hair and skin, the following composition is suitable: a glass of honey and sugar and the juice of half a lemon.
If there is a lot of pasta, then the excess can be stored in the refrigerator, and heated until the next use, but not over an open fire.
How to carry out the procedure?
When starting hair removal, you need to make sure that the honey paste is not hot, and skin burn is excluded. The technique for performing the procedure is as follows:
- The honey mass must be applied to the skin along the hair growth.
- Cover the area with a cloth and press down well.
- Drastically strip a strip of tissue in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash off the remnants of honey from the skin with warm water, but without using washcloths and gels, so as not to provoke irritation.
Before depilation, you can pre-peel those areas where hair will be removed. This will improve the result and minimize the appearance of ingrown hair.
Important Nuances When Removing Hair With Honey
Before depilation, it is necessary to properly prepare the skin, the effectiveness will depend on this. Recommendations are as follows:
- Pay attention to the length of unnecessary hairs, it should be at least 3 mm, but also more than 6.
- Before showering, take a shower, but do not use a hard washcloth, so as not to provoke skin irritation.
- To reduce pain during the procedure, an anesthetic gel or ointment can be applied to the skin an hour before depilation, and the drug can be taken orally: Pentalgin, Ketonal, Piralgin.
- At the place of hair removal, it is necessary to thoroughly cleanse the skin of excess cosmetic products and treat with degreasing lotion. Sprinkle with baby powder or talcum powder, they cover the hairs, which contributes to their better removal.
- If the depilation is carried out in the bikini area, then you can not add lemon juice to the mixture, since the skin in these areas is more delicate and sensitive.
After the hair removal procedure with honey paste, it is necessary to provide the skin with appropriate care, it suggests the following recommendations:
- Immediately after depilation, treat the skin area with a disinfectant, but without alcohol, to prevent infection and the development of the inflammatory process.
- Apply moisturizing and nourishing cream to the skin.
- After the procedure, do not wear synthetic underwear if the depilation was carried out in the bikini area.
- For 2-3 days, you must refuse to visit the bath or sauna.
- Protect places where hair was removed from direct sunlight, so it’s best not to sunbathe or visit the solarium for 3-4 days.
Compliance with these recommendations will avoid complications after depilation.
The procedure is safe, but also has its contraindications. It is recommended to choose another way to get rid of excess vegetation if:
- There is an allergy to beekeeping products or citrus fruits.
- There are traces of burns on the skin, it can also be attributed to the sun, so immediately after a vacation by the sea or visiting a solarium, it is better not to do depilation.
- There are skin diseases.
- In areas subject to depilation, there are abrasions or wounds.
- Diagnosed with diabetes mellitus.
- On the legs varicose veins.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- A history of epileptic seizures.
- On the skin there are neoplasms of any origin.
If you follow all the recommendations and take into account contraindications, then the procedure will go without complications.
Before and after photos
The photo clearly shows the difference between the skin before depilation and after the procedure.
Honey depilation is a safe procedure that can be done at home. If there are no skills, it is best to consult a specialist. Compliance with the recommendations and technology will quickly get rid of unwanted hair.
How exactly is honey used for cosmetic purposes?
The mass of useful properties of honey make this bee product an indispensable ingredient in a number of various cosmetic products: creams, masks, waxes for hair removal, wraps, peels, etc. “Tasty” procedures - chocolate, coffee, honey - always attract those who want to look good. Honey hair removal is one of such procedures that can be performed without unnecessary trouble in the cabin or more economically - at home.
You can carry out hair removal in the salon and at home.
If everything is completely clear with the salon version of the procedure, for home hair removal you will need to purchase honey wax to remove hair in the store or, to make sure all the ingredients are natural, cook them yourself.
Next we will tell:
- how to make wax for honey hair removal at home,
- how is the procedure of honey hair removal
- what are the main pros and cons of hair removal with honey wax.
The recipe for waxing for hair removal
To prepare honey wax for hair removal, take care of the following ingredients:
- one and a half glasses of fresh honey
- one and a half glasses of sugar,
- medium ripe lemon.
The cooking process is as follows:
- squeeze the juice out of lemon
- mix honey with sugar in a separate container,
- gradually pour in the lemon juice, not forgetting to stir the composition,
- we prepare a steam bath and put on it a container with wax for honey hair removal,
- stirring, keep the mixture in the bath until the sugar is completely dissolved,
- remove the container and cool the honey wax to room temperature.
How is hair removal at home
To carry out hair removal with honey, take:
- finished wax
- wooden stick or spatula
- pre-prepared strips of cotton fabric.
Before carrying out the procedure, make sure that the skin on the area to be epilated is not damaged.
Important! To make sure there is no allergy to honey removal, you need to apply honey wax on a small area of the skin and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. The presence of redness, rash, and itching should alert you.
First of all, with a spatula, you need to apply room temperature wax on the scalp. Now you need to cover the wax with a cloth and smooth it. After this, you need to stretch the skin around the epilated area. Then it is necessary to grasp the lower edge of the fabric and, in order to separate it against hair growth, tear the fabric with a sharp movement.
What is shugaring?
According to one version, such a technology of hair removal and pasta recipes used for this were invented in Ancient Persia (sometimes shugaring is called “Persian hair removal”). Some sources claim that the Egyptian queen Nefertiti used this method. Others attribute authorship to the famous Cleopatra.
But this is not so important. The main thing is that if millions of women from the millennium to the millennium stored and transferred these recipes and used this method, then it is quite worthy of attention and trust.
Shugaring is a depilation method or short-term removal of the visible part of the hair from the skin, under the influence of which the hair follicles partially weaken, the hair grows more slowly and becomes thinner.
At home, the procedure is as follows: a sticky thick paste of sugar is applied to the skin with the addition of various components (lemon, milk, honey), reminiscent of sugar syrup in consistency. The hairs adhere very well to it, which then, when removing the applied mass with sharp movements, are easily pulled out of the bulb.
It is not difficult to cook pasta yourself. Fortunately, the ingredients are all very simple, natural, affordable and are in almost every home.
How to prepare a mixture for shugaring?
- Choosing the right recipe
- Mix all the ingredients
- Heat the mixture over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally
Gradually, the mixture becomes amber. The color of the paste (darker or lighter) depends on the ingredients used and their ratio in the recipe, on the amount of sugar and cooking conditions.
The consistency of the mixture should be flexible and convenient for application to the skin. But at the same time it is not too viscous and viscous, so that it could easily be removed from the skin when tearing from the treated area.
At this stage, the main thing is not to overexpose the composition on fire and not digest (darkened brown paste may not be suitable for the procedure). From the first time, not everyone succeeds in getting a mixture of the desired consistency, because cooking pasta at home requires not only time, but also some skill.
As an alternative to shugaring, you can use ready-made pastes, which can be purchased at any cosmetic store.
This procedure is simple, fast enough, effective, relatively painless, not irritating. For sweet hair removal at home, you may additionally need:
- a small narrow spatula (it can be replaced with a wooden popsicle stick)
- narrow strips of fabric (cotton)
After the shugaring paste is cooked and cooled, you can proceed directly to the procedure itself.
In order for the hair removal procedure, which in itself is rather painful, to go with the maximum effect, and in order to less injure the skin, the parts of the body on which the depilation will be performed must be properly prepared.
Before depilation, the skin needs to be degreased and cleaned of cosmetics, fat, keratinized particles with a special lotion or regular talcum powder (corn starch).
Before depilation, the hair should be of a certain length: 3-8 mm (optimal length is 4-5 mm). With longer hairs, the procedure can be very painful.
Shugaring does not cause such sharp pains as, say, waxing, and most women do without painkillers. Over time, when the number of hairs decreases and the skin adapts, the procedure can become completely painless.
However, during the first procedure or at a low pain threshold (especially when removing hairs in intimate places), you can use a local anesthetic drug designed to reduce the sensitivity of the skin.
Those who first decided to do such a procedure should not start immediately with hair removal in the sensitive area of the bikini or in the armpits, for starters this can be done, for example, on the legs.
Hair removal procedure
Sugar depilation can be done in two ways.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture with a spatula on the skin in the direction against hair growth and, covering it with a fabric strip, press it to the skin surface.
- Tear off the frozen mass with a strip in the direction of hair growth.
You can remove hairs not only with fabric strips, but also with your hands using soft caramel balls. To do this, with your fingers you need to thoroughly knead a small piece of the prepared paste to a plastic state, stick it and roll it against the hair growth on the skin area previously treated with talcum powder. Then, with a sharp movement in the direction of hair growth, remove caramel from the surface of the skin together with the hairs, pulling the skin slightly with your free hand.
In this case, the destruction of the hair follicle partially occurs, which ensures a long-term result and minimizes subsequent hair growth. After the procedure, the remnants of the mass for depilation and talcum powder should be washed off with warm water.
To reduce discomfort, prevent possible inflammation or redness, the treated skin can be wiped with a tonic, lotion, cream with a nourishing, moisturizing, soothing effect. During the day, you should not rub and stretch the skin, if possible, do not wet it, refuse to visit the gym, pool, sauna, so as not to bring the infection through the open pores of the skin.
Important: you cannot repeat the procedure on the same site more than 2-3 times. It is advisable to return to the remaining hairs after complete restoration of the skin..
Homemade pasta recipes with honey for shugaring
With sensitive skin, many people like to use honey for depilation. The pastes that contain this product are not only effective in removing unwanted hairs, but at the same time soften the skin, increase its tone, exfoliate well, eliminating dryness, disinfecting and healing micro-wounds that may occur during the procedure.
To prepare the paste you will need:
- Honey - 2 tbsp. l
- Lemon Half Juice
- Sugar - 250 g
- Water - 1 tbsp. l
Thoroughly mix water, sugar and lemon juice. Add honey there. Keep the mixture on low heat. Cooking time - 15-30 minutes.
The paste, cooked correctly, should turn out to be golden brown, plastic, soft and easily roll into the ball after cooling. If you overexpose, you get hard caramel, which can not be used for shugaring.
- honey and sugar - one glass each
- half lemon juice - freshly squeezed
Pasta recipes with honey and without lemon
В традиционных рецептах сахарной эпиляции чаще всего используется лимонная кислота. Но именно этот компонент может вызывать раздражение в наиболее чувствительных зонах. Therefore, for deep bikini areas and other areas with delicate skin, hair removal can be done with a special paste, replacing, for example, lemon juice with honey in the recipe.
- water - 1/3 cup
- honey - 2 tbsp. l
- sugar - 250 g
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- water - 2 tbsp. l
- liquid honey - 1 tsp.
The paste is prepared as follows: honey is carefully added to the sugar dissolved in water, all the ingredients are mixed. Then everything should be done in the same way as in sugar paste recipes with lemon juice. That is, we cook until a uniform consistency and a yellow-golden hue appear on a low heat.
Of course, shugaring using a paste prepared with honey and without lemon juice can be used not only in delicate areas, but also to remove hair throughout the body.
What are the main pros and cons of self honey hair removal
High-quality ingredients and compliance with all warnings and rules are important conditions for the successful hair removal of honey in the usual home environment.
Advantages of the procedure:
- the possibility of hair removal at a convenient time,
- low cost of the procedure
- the ability to choose natural ingredients for wax.
Cons of honey removal:
- possible allergies to honey and other wax components,
- possible soreness of the procedure,
- short-term swelling and redness.
For two days after home hair removal with honey, you will not be able to visit places in which the skin will be exposed to high temperatures and humidity - the beach, sauna and solarium. However, this rule also works for salon hair removal procedures, so it does not apply to the disadvantages of home hair removal.