What could be tastier than a portion of ice cream drenched in chocolate sauce! But unfortunately, store topping does not differ in useful composition. However, chocolate syrup can be prepared at home without the addition of preservatives or flavor enhancers. Cocoa recipes are presented in our article. Here we’ll show you how to make chocolate bar sauce and instant coffee syrup with cocoa.
Chocolate syrup for ice cream
Chocolate syrup perfectly complements the taste of any sweet dish: from fruit salad to gourmet whipped cream dessert. And they can decorate cakes, pastries and other confectionery. According to the traditional recipe, chocolate syrup is made from cocoa. But many housewives here showed their imagination, thanks to which new variants of aromatic topping with the taste of chocolate appeared.
How to make chocolate syrup based on cocoa powder can be found in the following step-by-step instructions:
- Sift cocoa powder of good quality (70 g) to get rid of all lumps.
- Pour a glass of water (240 ml) into a non-stick saucepan and pour the sifted cocoa.
- Put the stewpan on the fire and bring the water from the cocoa to a boil.
- As soon as the mass boils, pour sugar (300 g) into the stewpan, add a pinch of salt and vanillin (1 teaspoon).
- Cook cocoa for 3 minutes until sugar dissolves and the mass begins to thicken.
- Pour the syrup from the saucepan into a suitable dish.
You can store chocolate topping in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Cocoa Chocolate Syrup Recipe
To prepare thick chocolate cocoa syrup, starch is added to it. This does not affect the taste of the dish.
Chocolate syrup is prepared step by step as follows:
- Cocoa (65 g), powdered sugar 100 g, starch (1 teaspoon with a hill), a pinch of salt are mixed in a stewpan.
- All ingredients are mixed and poured with water (250 ml).
- The stewpan is sent to medium heat. Its contents are brought to a boil and cooked for another 2 minutes.
- As soon as the syrup begins to thicken, it is removed from the heat and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract is added to the chocolate mass.
- The finished syrup is poured into a jar, cooled and stored in the refrigerator. From the specified amount of ingredients, 300 ml of syrup is obtained.
Chocolate syrup with coffee aroma
This saturated, moderately thick syrup has chocolate as the main flavor, but it is very subtly shaded by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and vanilla. Chocolate syrup according to this recipe is prepared in the following sequence:
- In a stewpan with a thick bottom, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients: cocoa (2 tbsp. Tablespoons), brown sugar (300 g), salt (0.5 teaspoons).
- Pour water (50 ml), brewed coffee (150 ml), vanilla extract (1 tablespoon) into the dry mass.
- Stir all the ingredients together and finally add some milk chocolate (25 g).
- Put the stewpan on the fire and bring the mass to a boil. Do not stop stirring and make sure that the sauce does not burn.
- 2 minutes after boiling, the finished chocolate syrup can be removed from the heat. Immediately after this, it must be poured into a clean jar and cool.
Such a topping can be stored in a sterile container for several weeks. If after a while it thickens, it can be easily melted in a water bath.
Chocolate bar chocolate syrup
To make chocolate syrup, you first need to boil sugar. To do this, pour water (100 ml) into the stewpan and add 3 tablespoons of sugar to it. When it dissolves, the stewpan is removed from the fire. But this is not all, because we need to learn how to make chocolate syrup. To prepare it, add 150 g of chocolate broken into pieces into sugar syrup, and then butter (25 g) sliced into pieces. When the mass becomes glossy and uniform, you can add cream (50 ml) and vanilla extract (1 teaspoon) to it. The main disadvantage of this sauce is that it thickens very quickly. Therefore, for serving next time, it will have to be heated in a water bath.
Chocolate syrup: recipe for soaking biscuit
Chocolate syrup can be used not only for decorating and improving the taste of desserts and confectionery, but also for impregnation of biscuit cakes. But for this purpose it is prepared according to a different recipe.
Chocolate syrup for impregnating biscuit cake layers for cake is made in this order.
- Cooking a water bath. To do this, put a large pot of water on the fire. As soon as it heats up, a smaller diameter container should be installed in the large pan. In it we will cook.
- In a second, small pan, cut the butter into small cubes (100 g), pour a tablespoon of sifted cocoa in the form of a powder, and pour the condensed milk (150 ml).
- With constant stirring, heat the mass well, so that it becomes a homogeneous consistency, and immediately remove the pan from the water bath.
- The syrup should be cooled a little and you can begin to impregnate the cakes. It is advisable that they are still warm.
Unused topping can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Cocoa Powder: Mint
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a pan.
- Add water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and extracts.
- Bring to a hot state.
- When pouring chocolate into cups, you can add whipped cream and fondant cakes on top.
Hot Nutella Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. Nutella spoons
- On medium heat we heat milk. Heat, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove hot milk from the fire, add Nutella to it.
- Beat hot milk with Nutella.
- You can add marshmallows.
How to make hot milk chocolate with Oreo cookies
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 5 pieces. Oreo cookies (Oreo)
- Heat milk and condensed milk for 90 seconds.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies.
- Stir well and enjoy the dessert.
- You can add whipped cream.
Vegan Hot Chocolate with Nuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. l + 1 tsp cocoa (or cocoa powder)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- a pinch of coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Combine both types of milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add cocoa and vanilla, remove from heat.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug.
- Grind the almonds.
- Add cream to hot chocolate, sprinkle with almonds and coconut flakes on top.
- Enjoy it!
The recipe for Spanish hot chocolate at home
- 5 tbsp. l unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. l Sahara
- ½ tbsp l corn starch
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 glass of water
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Pour cold water into a small saucepan, add vanilla extract (if used), cocoa mix and start cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, then serve in two small mugs.
Hot chocolate without milk
- ¼ cups of cane or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup quality cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Put the ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender. Stir 1-2 minutes.
- Store the mixture in a glass container with a lid.
- When serving, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix to a cup of hot vegan milk. Stir until dissolved. You can put marshmallows on top (optional).
Hot Chocolate with Coconut Whipped Cream and Pepper
for hot chocolate:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. l almond oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
for coconut whipped cream:
- 420 ml high-fat coconut cream or coconut milk refrigerated overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients for the hot chocolate on a medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour contents into a blender. Beat until smooth. Serve with coconut whipped cream.
- For the preparation of coconut whipped cream. Before cooking, put coconut milk (cream) for 10 minutes in the refrigerator, then pour chilled milk (cream) into a bowl and add maple syrup and vanilla. Beat 1 minute.
Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 6 cups of milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 120 ml dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/3 cup crackers
- 12 pcs marshmallows
- 6 small skewers
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and sugar to a boiling state, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips until smooth.
- At the same time, place honey on a small plate. Dip 6 cups in honey, slide in circles until the discs are slightly oiled with honey. Place the cracker crumbs in a small bowl, blot the mugs in the crumb until they completely cover it.
- Add 2 marshmallows for each skewer. You can fry it a little.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs. Add the marshmallow skewers on top and serve.
Coconut Hot Chocolate with Kalua Liqueur (Kahlúa)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. l liquor Kalua
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara
- 2 tbsp. l unsweetened cocoa powder
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan. When the milk begins to bubble, add sugar and cocoa powder, mix until completely dissolved.
- Remove milk from heat and add Kalua. Add a pinch of cinnamon and stir.
- Serve in two cups and add whipped cream if desired.
White hot chocolate with lavender
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 tsp lavender buds (focus on your taste preferences, because lavender is quite fragrant)
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Heat the milk and lavender fruit over medium heat, stirring until the milk begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and leave lavender for 5 minutes in warm milk.
- Strain the milk and put on medium heat again.
- Add white chocolate and stir until chocolate has completely melted. Beat the mixture for 10-20 seconds until a foam appears.
- You can add whipped cream if you want the dessert to be even sweeter.
Flavored hot chocolate is one of the most suitable drinks for the cold season. It warms, perfectly saturates, and is also a natural antidepressant, helping to get rid of seasonal spleen. And this is not to mention the other beneficial properties of chocolate. In addition, the calorie content of the drink is less than a piece of cake or cake. All in all, a great alternative to dessert. We talked with the bartenders - and we offer you 5 cool recipes for cocoa and hot chocolate.
Cocoa and chocolate made from it, especially bitter, are incredibly healthy foods. Firstly, as we have said, chocolate is a natural antidepressant and improves mood. Secondly, it improves brain function, memory and concentration. Thirdly, it lowers high blood pressure. Fourth, it is rich in antioxidants and actively fights inflammation in the body. Fifth, it boosts our immunity by enhancing the production of antibodies that protect us from viruses. According to some studies, people who eat quality chocolate are less likely to catch a cold and get sick.
How to choose the most healthy chocolate? Very simple. Choose bitter chocolate - it is an order of magnitude healthier than milk chocolate and ten times as white. Before buying, study the composition on the package. Your chocolate bar should have cocoa butter, grated cocoa beans, sugar or natural sweeteners (honey, stevia). The only other acceptable ingredient is the lecithin emulsifier (E322) derived from soybean oil. It is completely safe, and without it is difficult to make chocolate. All other additives: flavor enhancers, colorants, cocoa butter substitutes (as a rule, cheap trans fats) are absolutely superfluous. Try not to buy tiles with a similar composition. Hot chocolate and cocoa should be prepared only with quality raw materials.
So, having figured out what is the use of the product and what is worth buying, we turn to the most delicious - hot drinks from cocoa and melted chocolate.