The small business is in the vast majority of cases selling food. Indeed, "stalls" continue to be actively used. They are organized in residential areas of the city, which are significantly removed from supermarkets, markets and other large trading floors. Thus, the prospective buyer prefers to make a series of purchases in a stall than to spend time on a round trip to the nearest market / supermarket.
Note that the assortment of the stall is limited not only to bread, vegetables, fruits. But for successful trading, the seller must have the main tool. In antiquity, this instrument was used not only as a symbol of trade, but also as a symbol of justice. All of the above applies to weights. However, after many centuries (from antiquity), the scales have also significantly changed both in terms of design and essence (number of functions). Accurate trade scales from "Scales Axis Ukraine" - the best assistant in trading today.
The principles of using modern trade scales
It should be understood what this tool is. You can divide it by the following elements:
- surface for placement of the weighed product,
- a panel with displays (there are already two of them - one is directed to the seller, and the other to the buyer),
- digital film keyboard.
Additional very useful functions of such scales is the ability to weigh products in containers. This is especially useful for bulk and small products.
The container is placed on the weighing surface, then the Tare key on the keypad is pressed. As a result, the scales when weighing will not take into account the tare itself - only the product.
Weighing on hand scales
Hand weights are used almost exclusively for weighing bulk solids in quantities from 0.05 to 100 g.
1. In the idle state, the manual balance is kept on the hook of a special tripod, less often in a closed box. When placing the scales on a tripod hook, one cup of the scales is placed in another cup and the scales are suspended by the cords of the lower cup so that the tripod hook passes between the vertically hanging beam and the cords of the lower cup. To avoid unnecessary wear on the prism points, do not suspend the balance by the collar ring.
2. Before starting work, make sure the balance is balanced: the rocker arms are stopped not by clamping the arrows inside the holder, but by putting the right hand under the cups horizontally or lowering the bottoms in contact with the table surface.
3. When weighing on hand-held scales, they are held in the left hand on the weight. It is usually recommended to take the scales with the thumb and forefinger of the left hand so that the clip hangs strictly vertically and is completely free. The middle and ring fingers of the left hand are placed on both sides of the holder, without touching it, but having the ability to limit the movement of the arrow of the balance and, if necessary, stop its oscillations. Before weighing, a sheet of white paper is placed under the right weighing pan.
4. After making sure that the scales are balanced and their cups are clean, the right amount of weights is placed on the left cup, and the substance to be weighed (fine weights are taken only with tweezers, protecting the weight of the scales from powder contamination). The ring finger or the thumb of the left hand supports the arrow of the scales, not allowing it to deviate far to the left of the plane of the ring and sense the approach of balance. At the end of the weighing, the cups of the scales are wiped with a gauze napkin.
5. For weighing toxic substances use a separate balance.
Weighing on a scale
The tare scales are used for weighing loose, liquid and viscous substances in quantities allowed by the maximum loads (from 50 g to 1 kg). Before starting work, you should install the scales on a plumb line and balance the scales (using the balance controls), the arrow should be at zero or deviate from it at equal distances. Weights and weights are recommended to be placed in the middle of the cups. The total mass of weights is calculated carefully, preferably twice - when placing them on a weighing pan and when removing it. Weighing with bulk substances is carried out directly in a paper bag or box with an appropriate label, sometimes on a piece of writing paper, waxed or parchment. The prepared bag in open form is placed on the right weighing plate. The same bag or sheet of paper and weight is placed on the left cup as containers. A powdery substance is carefully poured into the bag from the barbell, which is held in the right hand, the barbell is slightly swayed along the longitudinal axis, the tip of the barbell is gently tapped with the index finger of the right hand. Touching the index finger of the left hand to the cup with the load, they try to feel the moment of balance.
Care for weights and balance
1. Before starting weighing, check the condition of the balance, brush off the dust from the cups with a brush and set the zero point (see below).
2. A weighed item and weights can be placed on the weighing pan and removed from them only with the closed arrestor, ie when the arrestor is lowered. When the arrester is open, the scales must not be touched. The cage should be turned slowly, smoothly and carefully.
3. Do not move the scales from their place.
4. Do not overload the balance above the permissible limit (100 g), as this may lead to damage to the balance. In a doubtful case, the object must be weighed on a laboratory chemical balance and, making sure that its mass does not exceed the limit, proceed to weigh it on an analytical balance.
5. Do not place wet or dirty objects on the scales. Do not spill or spill anything inside the cabinet. You can not weigh hot objects, as well as very cold. The item to be weighed must have the temperature of the room in which the balance is located.
6. Do not place the substance to be weighed directly on the weighing pan. Do not weigh on a piece of paper. Weighings are made on a watch glass, in a bottle, in a crucible or in a small glass. Hygroscopic substances, as well as liquids emitting corrosive vapors, are weighed in a closed bottle.
7. When weighing, it is allowed to use only the side doors of the cabinet; the front wall of the cabinet must be closed.
8. Weights when weighing should be taken only with tweezers. Weights can only be on the weighing pan or in the case, in their nest.
9. When inoperative, the balance must always be locked (locker lowered). You can’t lean on the table on which the scales stand, to interfere with extraneous conversations while working on the scales. In case of any malfunction of the balance, contact the manager.
Trading scales - principle of work and function
Such devices can determine the weight and cost of products that are sold by weight. Due to the possibility of working from a network with a standard voltage, they are well suited for automating the trading process in supermarkets and large stores where there are equipped cash zones. The ability to work on battery provides great opportunities for the so-called "counter" trade.
Trading scales are represented by electronic devices, which, unlike mechanical counterparts, allow you to automatically calculate the cost of acquisition. The buyer can see the product data displayed on the device’s indicator, starting with its weight and cost per kilogram, and ending with the estimated result of the acquisition.
How to use electronic scales in the store?
Thanks to the keyboard, the operator enters information on the cost of goods per kg. The convenience of such a mechanism lies in the possibility of calculating the value of all purchases, which can be many. Electronic models have a two-way display, visually displaying the purchase information for both the sales employee and the buyer.
The main options of electronic trading equipment are:
- taring. The convenience of the function is that containers for products (for example, a tray for weighted salads) are not taken into account when calculating the cost of acquisition. Thanks to a special button, tare indicators come to zero taking into account the net weight of the product itself,
- surrender. When acquisitions are added up, the electronic device not only shows the final value of all the goods, but also the change. Using the keyboard, the amount provided by the buyer is entered, and the indication shows the final calculation of change. This situation allows you to completely abandon the manual calculation method using a calculator,
- piece goods and the calculation of its value. Gathering the cost of such a product and its quantity manually, you can get the final calculation of the buyer along with weighted goods,
- access to prices. The programmable cost of the product per kg allows you to optimize the device for the most popular products without manually entering them every time. This can significantly reduce the time of service, minimize the risk of errors in price and facilitate the work of the operator,
- additional options of some models. Some devices are also able to take into account the number of products sold per 1 shift, make it possible for the operator to manually enter tare indicators, calculate the weight of the product, taking into account the percentage tare, work with the "portioned" mode.
How to choose a trade scale?
First of all, you need to pay attention to the certified quality of commercial equipment. Large and recognizable manufacturers have documents certifying it and can present them upon request. Imported brands offer models with various platforms, indicators and cases. Commercial measuring equipment from Russian and Ukrainian suppliers allows the owner of the outlet not to overpay for the brand.
The cost of the device remains the main selection criterion, which entirely depends on the financial capabilities of the outlet owner. Nevertheless, when answering the question of how to choose a trading scale, without overpaying for them, the following important points should be kept in mind.
What is the device intended for? What products will be weighed on the desired device?
The vast majority of electronic equipment is protected from dust and moisture, however, if it is planned to implement a live river product, it clearly will not cope with the intended function.
Most products can be weighed on devices with a stand on which the indicator is mounted. The indicator, which is located directly on the case, is executed in those models that are more preferable for mobile trading in the markets. Models with keyboards on racks are best suited for weighing meat and liquid products that do not spoil the electronic computing device. A suspended version of commercial equipment is the most adequate for a live weighted product.
It is necessary to determine the weighting limit of a particular model. Devices designed for weighing products weighing from 6 to 30 kg are suitable for most retail outlets. Models with a limit of 60 to 300 kg are more appropriate in warehouses at wholesale outlets. They have the ability to subtract tare from the total weight of the product, automatically calculating the net weight.
The estimated weight of the weighing determines the choice of equipment platform. As a rule, it is made of stainless steel. Larger platforms are suitable for liquid and meat products.
It is worth paying attention to the presence of a battery, which will play an invaluable role when trading on the move or with problems with an unexpected disconnection from the electric network without the possibility of connecting emergency power.
Indication can be carried out in LED or LCD key. The first is more bright, and the second is more energy-efficient. If you plan to use commercial equipment at low temperatures, it is better to give preference to LED display technology.
The presence of additional interfaces makes it possible to connect to peripheral devices - computers, cash registers, receipt printers. Do not overpay for such functionality if the device is planned to be used outside the cash zone.
Where to buy trade scales?
In the Dneproves online store, various types of scales are presented, including trading, from recognized manufacturers with a good reputation. The catalog contains detailed characteristics of the trading instrumentation, the cost of which remains affordable. Experienced store specialists will not only help with the selection of the required model, but will also offer software support and configuration of the selected device.
Calculation of change and memory for specific products
The main task of the seller in the stall is not even weighing, but calculating the cost of a particular product with a specific weight. Today, this operation can be trusted with the scales.
It is enough to enter the price, and the calculation of the cost of the product, located on the weight will be made automatically. In addition, on the keypad there are at least four slots for storing prices for specific products.
This is convenient when there are several products that are most often bought in a tent (sugar, some cereals, etc.).
The scales themselves work thanks to the built-in battery. Low power consumption (even with the backlight on) allows the balance to operate without recharging for 24 hours.
The video provides an overview of classic modern trading scales:
Based on materials: https://vagi-axis.ua/category/torgovye-magazinnye/
Do you like the record? Share with your friends and support the site: