The use of special diapers is an integral part of caring for bedridden patients who suffer from urinary and fecal incontinence. These may be people who underwent a serious operation and are temporarily immobile, elderly patients after strokes, heart attacks and other diseases. In any case, the nurse should be able to correctly put on and remove diapers from the ward, so that urological products absorb the maximum amount of moisture.
Instruction: how to wear diapers?
Today, different manufacturers present individual urological products that differ from each other. But we can highlight general recommendations for the use of absorbent products. To put a diaper on a sick person:
- Take it out of the package and carefully straighten all the elements.
- Stretch a little, twist the product, if required by the manufacturer (for better fit to the body and increased reliability).
- Help the person take a lateral position. When it is on its side, changing the diaper is faster and easier.
- Fold the product in half along the length and stretch it in the crotch of the bed patient.
- Carefully spread the diaper on the back and tuck its lower part under the patient.
- Spread the upper part and gently turn the patient on his back or help him to take a different position.
- See that the outside of the diaper is perfectly smoothed. There should not be any folds and creases that will lead to uncomfortable sensations.
- Fasten the Velcro fasteners, but do not pull the skin of the bed patient with force.
Please note that the indicator of moisture saturation should be located along the spine, that is, vertically.
How to remove a diaper?
Use the following recommendations if you did not find the instructions on the package:
- Unfasten the clasps of the diaper - the person should lie on his back.
- Carefully tuck the Velcro inward so as not to injure the sensitive skin of the ward.
- Slide the bottom edge of the product under your hips.
- Wrap the front of the diaper.
- Help the patient turn to their side and remove the used urological product.
How often to change?
With frequent urination, diapers need to be changed every 4-5 hours. With more rare urination, no more than 2 times a day. It is necessary to have both day and night diapers (with a high level of absorption) in order not to disturb a sick person once again at night. Night diapers calmly keep moisture without leaking until the morning. In case of bowel movement, the diaper is replaced immediately.
In the period between replacing diapers, the patient should undergo hygiene procedures: washing the genitals with warm boiled water or treating them with wet wipes. Do not forget about periodic ventilation of the lower part of the body to prevent diaper rash and irritation of the patient's skin.
When is diapers used for the elderly?
An immobilized state of the body is more common in elderly people, and their relatives should take care of hygiene in bed patients. A person usually cannot get to the toilet on his own in the following cases:
- serious fractures of the limbs, spine, dangerous head injuries - situations where a change in body position causes acute pain or is simply impossible,
- rehabilitation in the first days after surgery, since violation of bed rest can provoke a discrepancy of sutures, worsen the healing of living tissues,
- enuresis - unfortunately, retirees are not always able to control their bladder, and it involuntarily defecates,
- recovery of the body after poisoning, when the patient feels complete muscle weakness and is practically unable to move himself.
The main situations are listed above when an adult needs a diaper. If we talk about general recommendations, then in any situations when an elderly person becomes a “prisoner” of bed (temporarily or permanently), he has to wear diapers.
How to understand that you need to change the diaper?
As well as hygiene products for infants, on adult diapers there are also special indicators that change their color when an elderly person or a bed patient is wet on their surface. When the diaper replacement period begins, it is important to close all windows to prevent cold air from entering the room. Hygiene procedures should be carried out in a warm room.
However, without even waiting for the indicator to change color, the diaper needs to be changed under the following circumstances:
- After bathing a feeble person or preventive hygiene procedures (rubbing the perineum, treating intimate skin folds with moisturizers or talcum powder).
- In case of bowel movement. Firstly, it will not be possible to endure an unpleasant odor for a long time, and secondly, prolonged contact of the products of bowel movements with sensitive skin of intimate zones can provoke inflammatory processes.
- When an older person urinates too often for himself. Urine volumes can be very small, and the diaper indicator may not even respond to them. Nevertheless, organic liquid is an excellent breeding ground for harmful microorganisms when hygiene is not observed. In this case, the diaper needs to be changed every 3 hours.
- If a bed patient has become a victim of pressure sores or suffers from another ailment associated with circulatory disorders in the genital area, then the diaper changes every 2 hours.
An adult, forced to wear diapers, requires increased attention to his person. Not everyone has the opportunity to quit work, friends and other relatives, to constantly be near a weak old man or a bedridden patient and conduct frequent hygiene procedures.
Pension "Care" may offer assistance in caring for an elderly person who cannot look after himself in person. Medical staff will tirelessly monitor the condition of the immobilized patient and take care of his health. Taking medications, feeding, changing diapers and organizing leisure activities - all these actions are included in the list of services of our institution.
Instructions for changing diapers in adults
Before replacing a diaper that has lost its properties, a person caring for a bed patient should prepare in advance a clean diaper, as well as a diaper or sheet. Next, you must perform the following actions:
- to unfasten the fixing straps of the textile product and, turning the immobilized person to one side, carefully remove the “spoiled” copy, being careful not to mess the patient’s clothes or his body,
- under the back of a feeble pensioner lay a sheet or diaper,
- the perineum is washed with water and gel for intimate hygiene, after sensitive areas of the skin are lubricated with special body oil or moisturizer, talcum powder is poured on the reddened areas of the intimate areas, and bedsores are treated with antiseptic agents, after which a clean dressing is applied,
- a clean diaper is straightened, released from the protective film and stickers, the absorbent surface of the product is activated,
- an elderly person lying on his side bends his knees slightly to make it easier to put a diaper on him, placing him under the patient: while the fixing straps should be located on top, the product itself rests on the body initially from the back side, and the filling indicator should be on one lines with the spine
- the immobilized person is turned back on his back, not allowing him to straighten his legs, and delicately straighten the diaper,
- the fabric of the product is carefully placed between the legs, and making sure that it completely covers the perineum, the fasteners begin to fasten, starting from the legs and ending with the upper portion of the diaper.
Changing diapers for an elderly person is a very troublesome task, because in inexperienced hands there is a risk of causing discomfort to the old man during all the manipulations.
The boarding house "Care" employs experienced carers, most of whom have a medical education. They know everything about the physiology of older people and are able to properly take care of immobilized pensioners. Entrust your weak relatives in the reliable and affectionate hands of our staff!
Dobrynina Anna Grigoryevna Portal Manager
Living with people of advanced age sometimes creates a lot of difficulties. Sometimes this becomes a test both for themselves and for native people. It happens that years adversely affect health, and an elderly person requires constant medical care, which is very difficult to organize at home. At the same time, people themselves in age often become discouraged, feeling like a burden for relatives. In such a situation, a pension for the elderly becomes the only reasonable way out.
Choosing a suitable boarding house for the elderly is not such an easy task, you must definitely pay attention to the details. We understand how scary it is to give a relative into the wrong hands. But your loved one may need care that you cannot provide him with due to lack of time and skills. In order to provide people of advanced age with full-fledged care, we have created a network of boarding houses for the elderly “Senior Generation”.
We are ready to offer:
Care and care 24/7. Full hygiene and beauty care and constant monitoring of health status.
Experienced professionals. Round-the-clock care of professional guests (all personnel are citizens of the Russian Federation).
Balanced diet 5 meals a day and diet.
Daily varied leisure. A variety of games, listening to music and watching movies, walks in the fresh air.
Individual work of psychologists. Art therapy and music classes, exercises, developmental thinking and classes for the development of fine motor skills
Weekly examination of specialized doctors. We have only highly qualified specialists.
Comfortable and safe conditions. Landscaped country houses, beautiful nature and clean air. Possibility to organize personal space at your discretion (for bedridden guests specialized comfortable beds).
Transportation and reception on the day of treatment. Leave a request - we will deliver and place your loved one in a retirement house on the same day.
Make sure of the quality of our services yourself: leave a request and get 10 days of accommodation in a boarding house absolutely free!
Choose a comfortable pension for your loved one to live in comfort, care and love!
From this article you will learn:
- When are diapers for adults needed?
- What can be diapers for adults?
- How to choose diapers for adults?
- How to wear diapers for an adult?
- When to change diapers for an adult?
Sometimes in adults it becomes necessary to use diapers. The selection criteria and replacement technique for this hygiene product are similar to baby diapers, but there are also some peculiarities. In the article we will talk about how to choose diapers for adults. Instruction for inexperienced facilitate the care of a loved one.
When do you need diapers for adults
There are a number of diseases that make people bedridden. In some cases this passes, but in others the person no longer rises. In order for the patient to feel more comfortable, hygiene is necessary. Disposable diapers may be needed for diseases such as:
- hemorrhage (stroke),
- myocardial infarction
- fractures or injuries of the pelvic bones or lower extremities,
- injuries to the spine or head, resulting in impaired motor function,
- the consequences of surgical intervention in the human body (abdominal cavity, gynecology),
- involuntary urination resulting from illness or with age,
- uncontrolled discharge of feces associated with diseases of the rectum.
If there is no permanent nurse next to the patient, then you can’t do without disposable diapers. Caregivers need to know how to change a diaper for a bedridden adult to help them get out of the delicate situation of serving their natural needs.
Restrictions on the use of diapers for adults
Using diapers is a good solution to problems associated with patient hygiene. Despite all the apparent simplicity and accessibility of this tool, it is not suitable for everyone. Do not forget about a possible allergic reaction and individual intolerance.
Disposable diapers are not recommended in the following cases:
- with diseases or injuries of the external genital organs,
- with damage to the skin in places in contact with the diaper.
It is quite difficult to draw final conclusions about the harm of diapers, as the patient may feel uncomfortable due to a lack of desire to put on him or because the person caring for him does not know how to change the diaper for an adult bed patient, does it out of time or inappropriately.
Note! If a person is able to control the processes of bowel movement, then it is not necessary to wear diapers on him, it is better to use a vessel. This approach will relieve the patient from moral discomfort, not to mention physical inconvenience.
The main types of diapers for adults
The following types of adult disposable diapers are available:
1.Fully open. It is fixed with breathable panties that take the shape of the body. There are no Velcro and sides.
2. Half open.Diapers with an elastic belt, but without sides. They are convenient because the hips remain open, which means that the skin can breathe.
3. Closed. Equipped with sides and Velcro.
4. Waterproof underpants for people unable to control urination. Such diapers are very similar to ordinary underwear and are ideal for those who are used to an active lifestyle.
Reference! If a person continues to live as usual (going to work, to the store, meeting friends), then, in order not to be in an “uncomfortable” position, he needs to be especially careful about choosing a product: it should not produce any sounds (for example, rustling) .
Disposable diapers are male and female (the women in front do not have an additional patch that looks like a pocket).
Important!The most practical are three-layer products. When purchasing disposable diapers for bedridden patients, pay attention to such models.
Skin contact with the material should not cause discomfort, irritation or allergies, not to mention the inadmissibility of injuries.
Basic requirements for the selection of diapers:
1. The product must not leak moisture.
2. The presence of Velcro on diapers designed for mobile patients will facilitate the process of replacing them.
3. Size matching. In a small diaper, the patient will be uncomfortable, and the large one will not hold inside the bowel movement, which will lead to the senselessness of its use (linen and bed will still become dirty).
Reference! To determine the appropriate size, you need to know the patient’s weight, leg volume (just below the inguinal zone) and body volume (at the navel level).
Modern models themselves "tell" how often to change the diaper for an adult bed patient, since they have an indicator of filling. As a rule, it is located in the center of the outer layer. The fullness of the product is indicated by a change in the color of the indicator strip or a decrease in the clarity of a special inscription.
The price of a diaper does not always correspond to its quality. Therefore, it is not necessary to buy the most expensive waterproof products.
Reference!The cost of packaging depends on the number of diapers. If you buy a large pack from a trusted manufacturer, then the price of one diaper is quite affordable.
It is necessary to come to the understanding that the use of diapers by adults can become a necessity and there is nothing to be ashamed of.
A bedridden patient needs to observe basic hygiene rules, and a diaper is a good way out. Moreover, it helps not only to avoid embarrassing situations for the patient, but also facilitates the care of him.
The choice of such a hygiene product requires an individual approach, and today it is quite possible due to the variety of models and shapes.
Where to buy diapers for adults
Diapers for adults bedridden, you need to buy deliberately, because it is quite expensive. Moreover, this product is not subject to return and exchange, even if something suddenly did not fit. In order not to get into an unpleasant situation, it is worth taking the following:
1. Measure the volume of the patient’s body in the widest part (in the thigh area), grab the protruding points of the abdomen (in the navel).
2. Call nearby pharmacies and medical companies that sell diapers. As a result of a telephone conversation, you need to find out:
- what models do they offer
- do they have diapers of the right size
- can they buy them individually
- what is the cost of packaging and one diaper,
Полученные ответы лучше где-то зафиксировать, чтобы была возможность выбрать наиболее подходящий вариант.
3. Купите несколько подгузников с разным объемом впитываемой жидкости (размер должен быть один).
4. После того, как вы выберете подходящий вариант, вы сможете сократить свои затраты на 10–15 %.
How to choose diapers for adults
Criteria to consider when choosing a product:
- Material. The diaper should be safe for the bed patient, not injure the skin, so choose models from soft, non-allergenic tissue with a moisture-proof outer layer and a breathable inner layer (this will prevent diaper rash).
- Velcro fasteners. If the patient has retained motor functions, then the presence of Velcro is simply necessary. These diapers are easier to change during patient care.
- The size. It affects the amount of absorbed liquid. Its mismatch leads to unpleasant consequences for both the caregiver and the patient: in a small ward it will be uncomfortable, and bowel movements will leak out of a loose-fitting large diaper.
- Indicator. Outside, a strip or an inscription can be placed in the center of the product - this is the filling indicator. When the diaper has worked 80-100%, the strip turns blue and the text is fuzzy. The presence of such a function suggests when we change the diaper to an adult so that he feels comfortable. In this case, it is important that the diaper is correctly worn: the indicator is parallel to the spine.
- Gender Pampers for adults are male and female. Products for men have in front an additional tab in the form of a pocket, which is not in women's products. Taking into account gender when choosing a diaper will allow him to fully cope with his tasks.
- Stealth. This criterion is important for patients leading a fairly active lifestyle. In this case, the most important parameters are its quality and noiselessness.
- Strength. For a person forced to use diapers, it is important that they are reliable and not fail at the most inopportune moment. The most practical are three-layer products. You can increase reliability by additional pads that are attached to some models of linen.
- The volume of packaging. If we assume the frequency of diaper changes, then you can choose the most economical option. Larger packages are more expensive, but if you calculate the price of one diaper, it comes out much cheaper than the same model in a pack with a smaller amount.
Important!Improper diaper selection can create additional problems: the patient will try to remove it.
5 important criteria for choosing diapers for adults
To identify how high-quality diapers are, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
1. Maximum reliability.
The most reliable are three-layer diapers. Therefore, this factor is the first that deserves attention. When choosing a hygiene product, you need to know the functional purpose of each layer:
- the first layer is in contact with the skin, supports its health,
- the second layer absorbs moisture, prevents the secretions from getting on the bed, absorbs unpleasant odors that are inevitable when sending natural needs,
- the third layer does not allow moisture to come out, reliably stopping it inside the product.
2. Ease of use.
Sometimes this parameter is crucial. A person caring for a bed patient needs to understand how to change a diaper for adults, how it is fixed, how complicated the process of replacing it is.
3. Minimal risk to the skin.
It is better to carry out the prevention of the disease than its treatment. This also applies to the selection of diapers. Poor-quality products can provoke the appearance of pressure sores, allergic rashes and other unpleasant complications.
4. Quantity per pack.
Having determined the approximate frequency of diapers, you can choose the most profitable option for their purchase. If hygiene products need to be changed often, then a large package will end up cheaper.
The price of a product does not always indicate its quality. Often, expensive diapers turn out to be less practical than relatively cheap diapers from large packaging. For example, diapers of a Polish manufacturer can be purchased at a very reasonable price, although they are in no way inferior to products of famous manufacturers.
For an incontinent or bedridden person, a diaper can make life easier. In the use of such hygiene products there is nothing shameful, deserving of condemnation or discontent. Today, the purchase of diapers does not cause any problems, and placing an order via the Internet can free from the need to replenish supplies on your own.
TOP best manufacturers of diapers for adults
When choosing a suitable diaper model, it is advisable to try several options. Each manufacturer has its own trade secret, thanks to which its products continue to remain competitive. The constant development of the market encourages developers to improve their products, while taking into account the wishes of consumers, not only for the quality characteristics of diapers, but also for prices. Therefore, the concept of “expensive diapers” does not always correspond to the concept of “quality”.
1. "Seni" (Poland) - The Most Popular Adult Diapers. They are sold in pharmacies and in supermarkets. Seni products are very diverse according to various criteria: size, amount of absorbed liquid, cost. Due to the fact that diapers from this manufacturer have several levels of absorption, they can be used to care for patients with a high degree of urinary incontinence. Only high-quality breathable materials are used for the manufacture of Seni diapers. They are equipped with elastic elastic bands that fix the diaper on the hips, sides and anatomical belt. In addition, there are reusable products in the assortment (additional fixators are provided in them, on the edges of which a dot code is applied).
2. "Tena" (Switzerland) - diapers, presented in two sizes. These hygiene products are intended for patients suffering from moderate or severe urinary incontinence (enuresis).
- the outer layer is polyethylene that traps liquid and unpleasant odors inside the product,
- cuffs and cuffs around the hips to prevent leakage,
- an elastic waistband that provides dryness to the patient’s underwear,
- inside the product a multilayer absorbent that neutralizes unpleasant odors,
- reusable Velcro fasteners (which is very convenient when changing diapers for adults),
- dot code that appears when wet.
3. HARTMANN (Germany) - special models of medical hygiene products intended for people suffering from moderate and severe form of enuresis. Diapers are of high quality and completely safe for the patient.
- environmentally friendly material used
- pH is maintained at a neutral level for the skin,
- approved by the International Association of Dermatologists,
- safe for the skin (do not cause an allergic reaction and irritation, prevent the formation of pressure sores).
For the manufacture of the upper (outer) layer used waterproof non-woven material. The side parts are breathable soft liners. The diaper is fixed with adhesive fasteners to prevent leakage.
The main advantage of HARTMANN products are indicators located on the outer layer - blue stripes. As the product fills, they fade and gradually disappear. Thus, a person caring for a bed patient is given a hint how often to change a diaper for an adult bed patient, and the patient feels comfortable and dry even at night. The main thing is to appreciate all the advantages of HARTMANN, you need to wear it and fix it correctly.
4. Eco-diapers of the anatomical form "ABENA" (Denmark) - It is a convenient means of hygiene, characterized by high quality and practicality. For the manufacture of the inner layer, a soft non-woven material is used, which absorbs and insulates the liquid well, which provides the patient with a dry state. Due to the fact that the outer layer of the diaper is made of non-slip material, it is easier and safer to turn over a lying patient.
The liquid entering the diaper is converted into a viscous substance, since its main part is made from cellulose impregnated with absorbent material.
“ABENA” are not divided into male and female, because they have a universal shape.
- do not contain parts from latex and other materials that provoke an allergic reaction,
- there are hips for preventing hips,
- the belt is made of elastic material, which ensures a snug fit to the patient’s body,
- the presence of double sticky fasteners makes it possible to reuse the product,
- the entire external surface is equipped with a color indicator.
Pampers for adults cannot be called cheap "pleasure", so you should take their purchase seriously, having considered all the nuances.
Having determined the size of the diaper, it is worth asking the price. To do this, take an interest in the assortment and prices in online stores, find out the cost of similar models from different manufacturers. In addition, ask if there is a specialized point of sale of these hygiene products in your city or town, is it possible to buy diapers individually. If you have long-term use of diapers, you can make a bulk order.
How to wear diapers for an adult
A properly worn diaper is not only the comfort of a bed patient, but also getting rid of certain problems of the person who is caring for him. So, the donning process includes:
- Product preparation. Remove the diaper from the package, unfold it, release the glued parts and pull the edges to straighten the creases.
- Patient preparation. Turn the person on his side, tuck the folded part of the diaper under the patient's body.
- Spreading the diaper. Turn the patient on his back, straighten the folded part of the diaper, draw the front part between the patient's legs, closing the crotch.
- Fixation. Gently straighten all the folds and fasten the Velcro fasteners.
If the diapers are not worn correctly all the time, there is a risk of irritation and minor injuries, which can lead to infection. In addition, inflammation in the perineum and buttocks is often the cause of pressure sores, which are very difficult to treat.
How often to change diapers for an adult
Both adults and children’s hygiene products are often equipped with indicators that change color if liquid enters their surface. The diaper should be replaced at a comfortable room temperature, so close the windows for this time.
There are a number of circumstances in which it is necessary to change the diaper, regardless of what the color indicator shows.
- When carrying out preventive hygiene measures, consisting in the processing of intimate folds of talcum powder or moisturizers, or after a bathing procedure.
- After bowel movement. First of all, it’s simply impossible to endure an unpleasant smell for a long time. In addition, prolonged contact with fecal matter is very harmful to the skin and can cause inflammation.
- If a person bedridden very often urinates for himself. Sometimes the volume of urine is so small that the indicator does not show anything, but the organic fluid creates all the conditions for the reproduction of bacteria. In this case, you need to change the diaper every 3 hours to an adult patient.
- A diaper is changed every 2 hours if the patient has pressure sores or other problems provoked by circulatory disorders in the genital area.
Adults who are forced to use diapers need more attention than walking patients. Not everyone can afford to leave work or family to constantly care for a bedridden relative, to regularly carry out the procedures necessary to comply with hygiene rules.
How to change diapers for adults: instructions for inexperienced
To replace the diaper for an adult, the following manipulations must be performed:
- Prepare a new diaper and clean linen (you can diaper).
- Remove used diaper. To do this, unfasten the Velcro fasteners and carefully, so as not to smear the patient or underwear, remove the product by turning it on its side.
- Place a medical oilcloth or protective diaper under the patient’s back.
- Wash skin, groin and buttocks well to remove all traces of bowel movements.
- Treat the “risk zone” with light massage movements using a moisturizer or ointment to prevent pressure sores. If the patient's skin has become inflamed or signs of diaper rash, irritation are observed, then preventive treatment is carried out with powder or talc. In the case of pressure sores, damaged areas are disinfected with an antiseptic and covered with a sterile dressing.
- Prepare a new diaper. Remove the product from its packaging, remove the sticker and protective layer. Pull the edges in different directions to smooth out all the folds. To improve the fit of the product to the body, it can be wrinkled or twisted. Pampers is ready for use when the side walls are upright and the absorbent layer is activated.
- Prepare the patient. Turn the patient on his side and slightly bend his leg at the knee. Bring a part of the diaper under the ward's body. The product should be laid under the back so that the fasteners are on the side of the head, and the filling indicator is along the spine.
- Put on a diaper. Turn the person on his back, slightly bending his legs. Spread the product.
- Lock diaper. Stretch the outer part of the diaper between the legs of the patient, cover the groin area and fasten the Velcro fasteners, starting from the hips. Then fasten Velcro across the body of a person.
Do not forget: if you do not know how to change diapers for adults, and do it wrong, then minor injuries and irritations may appear on the patient's skin, which can cause infection and inflammation of the perineum.
It is necessary to change the diaper several times a day: in the morning, at lunch, and before bedtime. If such a need arises, then this is done more often. The indicator strip, having changed its color, indicates that the patient needs to replace the diaper. Every day, the human body must "breathe." As a rule, this procedure is carried out after bowel movement and lasts at least 2 hours. Bed sheets need to be changed daily.
Pampers for bedridden people are necessary personal hygiene products that can prevent the development of inflammatory diseases. They are designed to make their condition more comfortable.
We are ready to offer:
- Round-the-clock care of elderly people by professional carers (all personnel are citizens of the Russian Federation).
- 5 meals a day and diet.
- 1-2-3-seater placement (for bedridden specialized comfortable beds).
- Daily leisure (games, books, crosswords, walks).
- Individual work of psychologists: art therapy, music classes, modeling.
- Weekly examination of specialized doctors.
- Comfortable and safe conditions (well-maintained country houses, beautiful nature, clean air).
At any time of the day or night, older people will always come to the rescue, no matter what problem they are concerned about. In this house, all relatives and friends. There is an atmosphere of love and friendship.
Consultation regarding admission to the boarding house you can get by phone:
8 (495) 181-98-94 around the clock.
How to care for bedridden patients
To take care of a seriously ill person at home, you need to rebuild not only your life, but also to equip the room in which the patient will lie, take care of special devices, medicines, supplies.
You should consult with experts on how to dress bed patients, how to wear diapers for a bed patient at home.
It is advisable that the room in which the patient is housed be of sufficient area, on the sunny side, well ventilated, with good sound insulation and soft lighting.
Furniture in the room, outdoor decoration should not interfere with cleaning.
The furniture in the room must be strong and stable so that you can lean on it if necessary. The optimum temperature in the room is + 21 ° С ± 2 ° С.
It is advisable to install the bed in the room so that it can be approached from all sides.
So it’s easier to do various procedures for the patient, dress him, wash, change clothes.
Well, if this is a functional bed, but if there is no such possibility, then you can use the existing one.
When using a regular bed, you need to make sure that its height is at least 60 centimeters.
Level of care for the elderly - directly affects the speed of recovery
Next to the bed, put a small locker or bedside table, a closet with the patient’s belongings. There should always be water for drinking on the countertop, a table lamp, a TV remote control, a bell so that you can call someone.
Diapers, pads, diapers, plastic garbage bags are placed in the nightstand. A thermometer, a tonometer, cosmetics, medicines, dressings are put in a box.
Some features of patient care
Everything that may be needed for care should always be at hand. Комнату необходимо дезинфицировать каждые десять дней.
Материал кровати и прикроватной тумбочки должен выдерживать воздействие дезинфицирующего средства.
If the patient uses a toilet seat or a medical vessel, care must be taken to ensure that these accessories are always perfectly clean and disinfected.
It is very important to monitor the general condition of the patient so that measures can be taken to prevent complications.
It is important to note everything - facial expression, changes in voice, frequency, number and type of bowel movements, breathing, pulse.
It is very important to monitor the general condition of the lying patient
Measure temperature, blood pressure daily. Changes in temperature indicate the dynamics of the disease, the body's response to the treatment process.
If it is difficult for a person to drink from a cup, you need to buy a drinker. You can use a straw for cocktails.
In order to maintain intimate hygiene, diapers for adults should be purchased. As an alternative to diapers, you can use diapers for adults.
Intimate hygiene - how to put on diapers for a bed patient
Before you put on diapers for bedridden patients, you need to prepare for this procedure.
Care should be taken to ensure that there are no drafts in the room, there is the usual room temperature.
Experienced nurses give their advice on how to put a diaper on a bed patient.
Algorithm for changing diapers for a bed patient
The diaper is previously removed from the package, the protective layer and the sticker are removed from it.
Doctors have developed a sequence of actions on how to properly wear diapers for an adult bed patient.
How to wear a diaper
There are no strict instructions on how to wear diapers for bed patients.
But over the years, developed techniques allow you to systematize the experience of many nurses on how to properly wear a diaper for a bedridden patient:
- gently lay the patient on his side,
- roll the oilcloth along the length of the side, into the tube, place under the pelvic region,
- bend the patient’s legs slightly in the knees,
- gently turn it back on the back and straighten the oilcloth,
- carefully remove and discard the old diaper in a plastic bag,
- Wash the patient thoroughly with wet wipes or water.
- wait until completely dry and lubricate pressure-sensitive places with camphor alcohol,
- lay the patient on his side,
- shake the diaper to loosen the absorbent layer,
- attach the diaper to the body so that the fasteners are directed towards the head,
- neatly fold the folds in front and back,
- turn the patient on his back and straighten the diaper under his back,
- the filling indicator should be parallel to the spine,
- turn the ward on the other side and straighten the second side of the diaper,
- lay the patient on his back, stretch the outer part of the diaper between the legs, close the groin area,
- For a snug fit to the body, pull the diaper up and fasten the Velcro.
This is a brief instruction on how to put a diaper on a bed patient. But in each case there may be some nuances.
Diaper replacement rate
It is not enough to know how to properly wear a diaper for a bedridden patient, you also need to change it in time.
Diapers are changed after hygiene procedures, after emptying the stomach.
If the patient has frequent urine output, then they are changed every three to four hours.
With rare urination, this procedure can be done twice. When pressure sores appear, diapers should be changed every two hours.