Scrap metal is metal products that are not suitable for further use, as well as waste from metalworking and other enterprises. By recycling them, you benefit the environment, yourself and society as a whole. Metal waste, simply thrown into a landfill, decomposes over several years, adversely affecting the environment. It is also worth remembering that the raw material for the production of products from ferrous metals is iron ore. The reserves of this resource are not unlimited, and production takes a lot of time and effort, also harming the environment. Recycling scrap metal reduces the need for iron ore, which saves natural resources.
When transferring waste to scrap metal, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Small items and parts are most valuable to pick-up points. They are easier to transport, store and handle,
- overall structures that are difficult to transport and weigh are estimated to be cheaper than small waste,
- An additional reduction in the cost of scrap occurs when it is necessary to use cutting tools before loading metal structures into the press.
The price of scrap primarily depends on the type and class of metal. Scrap is divided into two main groups:
- The black. It represents waste and structures made of steel, iron and cast iron.
- Color. This group includes products from copper, aluminum, lead, titanium, bronze, brass and other alloys.
Scrap metal comes in many shapes and sizes. According to these signs, it is divided into several classes:
- A (lumpy waste),
- B (shavings, small scrap and tangled wire),
- B (waste powder)
- G (other waste)
- AK (scrap of tinned packaging, as well as waste of tinplate),
- AL (lumpy waste of lead batteries),
- 3 (sheet scraps of titanium and its alloys).
The basic rules for the delivery of scrap metal:
- select the point of reception. First you need to study where you can take the scrap metal in your city. You need to familiarize yourself with the rates, the availability of additional services (for example, scrap delivery, cutting, etc.). Preference should be given to points located near you - this will simplify and reduce the cost of transportation. You also need to find out what types of scrap are accepted and on what conditions. It’s important to remember that all metal waste collection points must operate strictly under license,
- Scrap metal is usually received directly at the collection point. In some cases, self-collection of waste is possible,
- individuals upon delivery of scrap write a statement. Typically, collection points have standard forms that indicate passport data, place of residence, and the type of waste being disposed of. For dimensional structures, equipment, cars, etc., it is necessary to confirm the ownership,
- legal entities give scrap metal on the basis of an agreement.
To increase the cost of scrap, it is necessary to sort it into different containers by type and class. You also need to remove dirt, remove plastic and other non-metallic elements.
Who can take scrap without a license?
First of all, any organization and any entrepreneur has the right to sell the scrap metal that has accumulated in them as a result of the main (production) activity. Moreover, this may not necessarily be metal shavings or other metal waste. For example, dismantled and deducted from the balance sheet of the enterprise equipment, old computer equipment, etc. In general, any depreciation scrap metal can act as scrap metal. In this case, a license to sell such scrap metal is not required! This is directly indicated by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1287 of 12/12/12. “On licensing activities for the procurement, storage, processing and sale of scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals” (paragraph 1): activities for the sale of scrap metal, which was formed by entrepreneurs and organizations in the process of their own production, are not subject to licensing. Moreover, by “production” is meant not this process itself, but activity as a whole.
And if ordinary citizens donate scrap metal?
The requirements for a license for the sale of scrap metal do not apply to this category of deliverers. However, they also have their own limitations:
- Scrap metal must be owned by them,
- there must be documentary evidence of this ownership right, which is necessary, first of all, in the case of the delivery of non-ferrous scrap metal of a non-domestic nature. The receiver may require these documents, and the deliverer will have to present them,
- the law of the subject of the Russian Federation provides a list of types of non-ferrous scrap, which can be taken from ordinary citizens. And the scrap metal handed over by the citizen should be named in the indicated list. Otherwise, an individual will be able to hand over such scrap only illegally.
In addition, there are strict restrictions on the sale of scrap metal by minors:
- if the seller is under 14 years old, then the purchase of non-ferrous scrap metal from him is strictly prohibited. As for black scrap, its acceptance is not possible, because a passport will be required when completing the transaction. A passport in Russia in accordance with Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 828 of 08/08/97. issued only from the age of 14,
According to the law, these guys in the photo can’t take scrap, but the receivers, as a rule, don’t look at the age of sellers
- if the seller is older than 14 years old, but younger than 18, then in this case, the sale of non-ferrous scrap metal is possible only with the written consent of the parents (trustees, adoptive parents) of such a seller. But black scrap on the basis of Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 369 dated 05.01g. the indicated person can be sold without any obstacles by presenting only his passport and indicating the source of scrap being handed over. True, the scrap metal receiver itself may provide for internal restrictions on transactions with such persons, which will make them impossible.
What types of scrap exist
All scrap is conventionally divided into black and color. The first category includes everything that contains iron, the second includes copper, aluminum, lead, duralumin. Zinc, nickel, tin, titanium, magnesium and their alloys are classified as non-ferrous. Ferrous metal waste is cheaper, it is economically feasible to take it in tons. The material is popular and widespread, which explains the low price. Non-ferrous metals are considered rare, they are accepted starting from 1-2 kg, and at a price an order of magnitude higher than ferrous metal.
What can be scrapped, what metals are popular with receivers:
1) Chermet in the form of batteries, reinforced concrete rods, old cast-iron bathtubs, refrigerators, washing machines, gas stoves, and other household appliances.
2) Aluminum profile, food and electrical. It is often scrapped, although the price per kilogram is relatively low.
3) Zinc, which is part of most alloys, including TsAM. The cost depends on the purity of the substance. The less metallic impurities, the higher the price per kilogram.
4) Copper and brass metal alloy are the most expensive and popular materials that are scrapped. The cleanest and most expensive price is considered to be metal obtained from electrical waste. What is taken for scrap? Cables, cable conductors, transformer tires, etc.
5) Secondary non-ferrous metal tin is 4 times more expensive than copper, but on condition that it does not contain extraneous inclusions and impurities. Tin-containing scrap is often common. Babbits (alloys of tint with tin), used bearings, pipe pieces, dishes and household items are usually handed over for scrap.
6) Lead is a medium-price substance that is contained in the braid and sheath of cables, car batteries, components and parts of printing equipment.
7) Titanium - a popular component of the metallurgical industry. Its cost exceeds the price of all other types of colorblade. Titanium is mined from edged pipelines, automobile wheel disks, old locking mechanisms and fittings.
8) Nickel is an expensive material, in its pure form practically does not occur. It is contained in cupronickel ware, batteries, used electrodes, components and parts of household appliances.
By the way, the cost of non-ferrous metals and alloys is high due to the use in many areas of industry and economy. This is engineering and household communications, electronics and computer technology.
What is most often handed over for scrap
What is included in the list of items that are usually scrapped?
1) used cars, parts and components of passenger cars, special equipment,
2) agricultural machinery, machinery for gardening, trailers, including components and spare parts,
3) catamarans, boats and boats, other small boats, including components, spare parts and components,
4) motorcycles, mopeds and bicycles, including spare parts for them,
5) metalwork, installation, construction and other tools,
6) hardware and cutlery, kitchen and stove utensils,
7) writing, drawing, stationery,
8) haberdashery and art products, rubbish from camp sites,
9) sports, fishing, hunting gear and accessories,
10) clockworks, radio, electrical goods, household appliances, household items.
The list of what can be scrapped is approximate. It all depends on the point of reception, which expands or truncates the list at its discretion.
Note! The bodies of automobiles and special equipment are accepted from the population and organizations only if there is a permit package of documents.
What is forbidden to be scrapped
There is a list of items and metals that are not allowed to be recycled. Identification of prohibited and dangerous objects occurs during visual inspection. Special equipment also helps to determine the presence of contaminating, chemically hazardous or radioactive substances in the scrap.
Important! When prohibited scrap is brought to the point, according to the legislation of the Russian Federation, the receiver is required to write down the passport data of the sender, check the documents of ownership. If there is no documentation, the sender shall be held administratively or criminally liable.
Disposal of prohibited waste is a criminal offense:
The list of products and structures prohibited for acceptance:
1) property owned by utilities,
2) personal items and items belonging to another person who has not issued a power of attorney for the deliverer,
3) ammunition, military equipment, including components, spare parts and accessories,
4) hermetically sealed containers and tanks in which unknown substances are located,
5) toxic and dangerous substances and objects that are subject to special disposal,
6) scrap containing explosive oils, liquids, other components,
7) metals with a high radiation background, some types of chips,
8) steel slings and cables, some types of wire,
9) sewer manholes and rails, scrap with elements of plastic, other non-metals,
10) fences, monuments, grave plates, objects of artistic or historical value.
Strict rules for taking hazardous materials are not random. Reception and disposal of this category of scrap can lead to accidents and damage to the environment, cause fire, poisoning or explosion.
Before handing over the scrap metal for recycling, you should decide at which collection point the scrap will go. If there is a lot of garbage, and large-sized products are difficult to take out, transport is ordered at the point, and if necessary, a team of carvers and movers.
Scrap metal business
Quite often, business owners, developers and individuals are faced with the need to dismantle and export scrap metal. To order such work today is not a problem - for example, residents of St. Petersburg and the surrounding area can use the services of the Artex company - the cost of dismantling metal structures is very affordable.
But rarely, one wonders what happens to the scrap metal further - who, how and for what purposes processes it.
The importance of using recycled materials
It’s no news to anyone that the natural resources of our planet are slowly depleted, so the economy of many modern countries is largely based on the dismantling of scrap metal and the further processing of recyclables. It is difficult to overestimate the value of this process.
The main advantage of metal, unlike plastic, is that it can be processed a huge number of times, and the raw materials do not lose quality at all.
Remelting scrap metal is also beneficial because it is much cheaper than extracting and refining ore, and the dismantling of scrap metal is also not expensive. Scrap processing enterprises do not cause such enormous damage to the environment as industrial giants for the extraction of raw materials from the bowels of the earth.
An important factor is the reduction of fuel costs and energy resources, which are much less consumed when melting a metal than when it is mined.
These and a number of other reasons served as an incentive to increase the demand for scrap metal not only in our country, but throughout the world. The dismantling of metal structures at affordable prices is ready to offer you the Artex company.
How to recycle scrap
Initial sorting takes place at the scrap metal collection points, where it gets from enterprises, after dismantling the metal structures and from private clients. Scrap is usually divided into three categories, depending on what metal it was made of:
- ferrous scrap
- non-ferrous scrap
- scrap of precious metals.
After preliminary sorting, more thorough follows: products are divided into categories, for example, cases from different household appliances, car parts, etc. Separated metal, which is subject to separate processing, for example, copper and aluminum.
Then the scrap is packed and sent to special recycling centers. Here, employees once again check the sorted raw materials, large products are divided into fragments with the help of special press scissors or other equipment, and only after that remelting in special furnaces follows.
After the metal is melted, it is formed into ingots of a certain size, which are stored and sent to the consumer for further processing.
Recovered metals are used very widely, they can be found in almost all areas of our lives. For example, a huge number of products are made from steel smelted from scrap metal - from utensils to auto parts and cases.
A separate category is remelted copper. It is in great demand, as its smelting from ore is a very costly process. Copper is widely used due to its anticorrosive properties, pipes, cables are made from it, copper sulfate is produced.
Also, bronze, brass, aluminum, and lead are considered to be quite popular non-ferrous metals. Demand for them does not fall, so if you have outdated products from these metals, you can profitably turn them in.
If necessary, you can order the dismantling of metal structures in the company "Artex". We will quickly complete all preliminary procedures. Our employees carry out the dismantling of metal structures at the approved prices in the estimate - the cost will not change.
Few people seriously think about organizing a scrap metal collection point, but in vain. Since scrap metal is a highly liquid product, i.e.
Points of reception of non-ferrous metals - how and where to take colormet scrap
there is no need to look for a customer to sell scrap metal, since it can always be sold in any quantities ...
Among the reasons why not everyone who wants to be able to organize their own business for the purchase and sale of scrap metal, is most often found: lack of start-up capital.
But you can start your small business in the garage and study the main details of the business, and as profit grows, gradually move to a larger market and rent an area for a full-fledged item.
Organization of a scrap metal collection point in a garage. Since the garage has limited space, it is necessary to determine the specific positions of scrap metal that you plan to buy.
Optimal: focus on non-ferrous metals, which will maximize profits given the limited space.
For full-fledged work, it is necessary to acquire hand-held scales and containers for storage and convenient transportation of metal, the cost of which will not exceed 15,000 rubles, which is not so much for organizing a business. It is also necessary to have a cash reserve in order to buy metal.
Clients will not appear if you do not do business promotion. To do this, you need to drive through garage cooperatives and put up ads, and in the process of posting ads you can buy up a small amount of metal.
Over time, information about the scrap metal collection point will “scatter” and the business will have regular customers who are not profitable to travel to an industrial zone with a small batch, and where it is more profitable to hand over scrap metal, although cheaper, but nearby.
scrap metal collection point
Рентабельность бизнеса. Полная окупаемость бизнеса может быть достигнута, уже в первые дни работы. Все зависит от интенсивности работы и начальной почвы для развития. По мере роста бизнеса имеет смысл постепенно расширяться и выкупать свободные гаражи.
The legal side of the issue. While the business has not yet risen to its feet, it is possible to work informally, but as soon as the profits begin to reach impressive sizes, it is necessary to switch to the legal way of working, either to obtain the status of an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity (LLC).
Scrap metal sales. Small lots of scrap metal can be sold to larger companies of a similar orientation, as soon as the lots grow to a large volume, it is necessary to establish sales in industrial cities where they process a large amount of scrap metal.
So, we examined the main stages of organizing a business for the purchase and sale of scrap metal, but before you start implementing the idea of a business, you also need to study additional information that is related to the specifics of this business.
Do you like the article? Please share with your friends. Thanks 🙂
Are you interested in buying scrap metal with pickup from your territory? Contact! We are ready to offer decent prices for the purchase of scrap metal in Moscow and the region.
Why is it profitable to buy metal and ferrous metal?
There are several reasons for this:
Good earnings. Scrap metal purchase points offer high prices per kg. That is why for many, the delivery of scrap metal is an additional source of income.
Disposal of unclaimed metal residues that litter the territory. It is always nice to clear the space of unnecessary items.
Investment in the production of new products. The metal you give is processed and serves as a raw material for creating new household items.
Contributing to environmental conservation.
Pick-up services offered by PC SVM will help you not only sell scrap metal for profit, but also, without leaving your home, earn income. Our experts will do all the work for you and at the same time pay money.
What to look for when looking for a company to buy scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals (ferrous / non-ferrous)?
If you decide to sell the scrap metal for purchase in Moscow with the order of pick-up services, then pay attention to the following aspects in order to avoid fraud or poor-quality work:
The company must have licenses, certificates confirming the right to purchase black and metal colors,
Real prices should be offered per kg of metal when buying,
Equipment at the point of purchase must be accurate,
Where to buy scrap iron and non-ferrous metals (ferrous and non-ferrous metals) for purchase at the best price in Moscow?
PC SVM is a company that has been successfully operating for more than six years in the market for working with scrap metal and is engaged in the purchase of scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their subsequent processing. We guarantee our customers:
High prices per kg of scrap metal,
Legal work on time
A wide range of related services: cutting, dismantling, export,
Work 24 hours a day,
Cash / Bank transfer.
Contact us by filling out the feedback form on the website or by calling in person. Our managers will advise you on all issues. Get rid of unnecessary metal with profit and comfort!
Back to list
request a specialist consultation
benefits of working with us
Site Availability 24/7
Our production sites operate around the clock and are located in Moscow and the region
High scrap prices
We are not intermediaries, but work directly with factories, so the prices offered by us are maximum
We have all the necessary licenses to work with scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
Export by own transport
In our fleet, there are dozens of pieces of equipment that allow for the prompt removal of scrap from objects
We collect scrap metal
Starting a business with scrap metal is impossible without certain points, such as search, collection, sorting, storage and delivery.
In order to become a qualified collector of scrap, you need to be physically prepared and have good health, allowing you to carry heavy cast-iron bathtubs and other large parts. In addition, you need to have the necessary tools and devices, as well as transport. Without knowledge of how to properly collect scrap metal, types of metal, and how to remove it from devices, you can’t do without it.
Important! The metal collector should also be guided by the intricacies of scrap delivery, for example, it is more profitable to take it in the winter, when the price for 1 kg is higher than in the summer. This is explained by the fact that it is more difficult to mine metal under a layer of snow, the day is short and the collection time is much less. Experienced collectors collect scrap metal in spring and summer, store it for a year, and then turn it in in winter.
Scrap can be collected in places where actions are not violated by law. One of the exotic places is the beach. Often there you can see people with metal detectors looking for lost earrings, rings and chains and precious metals.
Sometimes collectors change tactics and simply paste announcements in which they inform that they will help get rid of unnecessary iron garbage, they arrive and they pick everything up themselves. This, by right, can also be called one of the ways how to collect scrap metal.
How and from which it is worth extracting metal
It is not always that the scrap lies on the surface, very often it needs to be removed from metal recycled objects.
Copper is the most expensive metal of all. It can be obtained by placing transformers, motors and other products in which it is supposedly contained in a fire. It is not recommended to spray ash from such a fire in the garden, it contains toxic substances and it should be taken to an official landfill.
Disassembly of motors and transformers can be done with the help of a grinder. Such a process will take several approaches. First of all, the end part of the motor winding is removed by a grinder, after which you can safely get the winding out of the stator in whole sections, rather than separate wiring. After extraction from the grooves, it is cut across and easily removed from the core. Core plates for scrap are not accepted, but they are an excellent filler for concrete work.
Important! A good time to search for scrap is a spring weekend (especially the time after the traditional “subbotnik”). It was at this time that everyone was trying to get rid of unnecessary trash and garbage, without burdening themselves with the search for iron parts in it for delivery.
You can also collect scrap metal from the old poles of power lines, if you know how to do it. Concrete pillars contain tens of kilograms of steel reinforcement. For this, however, you need good physical preparation and a sledgehammer, with the help of which pillars are broken.
In order to know how to collect metal, you need to determine its exact location.
A popular budget model is JJ-Connect Adventure, its advantage lies in the cost, which quickly pays off and in the presence of the basic functions necessary for the search. However, in bad weather conditions, the electronics malfunction, and the depth that the device catches is small.
A metal detector cannot cope with a search in watery spaces, and in this case, search magnets collect scrap metal.
Magnets come in two forms:
In order to use the magnet, it is enough to lower it into the water and swim along the river, attracting iron parts to itself. You can attract weight from 80 to 600 kg, while the weight of the magnet itself varies between 1 and 6 kg.
It should be remembered that on earth we are looking for scrap with a metal detector, and on water with a magnet.
It is very difficult to do without cutting tools and devices for transporting scrap over short distances, they must be in the arsenal of every collector.
Metal collection vehicles
The most important collection tool is transport. On it, the collected scrap is delivered to the collection point.
- A car. If you are a beginner collector, the trunk of a car will be enough, since it will contain several tens of kilograms. However, transporting more iron is not profitable, it will take several trips and affect the unjustified cost of gasoline.
- Trailer. The trailer capacity is not more than 750 kilograms, which will be enough to collect scrap and do a couple of flights a day.
- Cargo gazelle. This type of transport is necessary to engage in the professional collection of scrap. The cargo gazelle capacity is approximately a ton. An even more optimal option would be the onboard UAZ 33-03, but its cost is higher.
Collectors do not always have the availability of their own transport or the possibility of buying a freight. However, throwing an “iron” hobby or business is not worth it, in this case it is enough to call the reception center and they will send their car. The profit from the change will be slightly less than planned, but it will still be.
Do not start collecting scrap if you do not know the safety precautions. Otherwise, such an occupation will incur losses for you, primarily for your health.
The elementary safety rules include:
- Special clothes and shoes. The main task of clothes to protect the body from dust, moisture and dirt.
What happens to the scrap metal after it is delivered to the collection point
It should cover the body as completely as possible, leaving no exposed areas. With regards to shoes, it should be with a super dense and durable sole. The best option would be rubberized boots. Particular attention should be paid to equipment if dump sites or industrial enterprises become places for metal search.
The final point in the crowbar business is the point of reception. Here, too, one should be extremely careful. Often reception centers provide free services for assessing the cost of raw materials, but it should be remembered that nothing happens for free. If you later turn to the cost per 1 kg, you will notice that the price will be lower than at other points of reception.
Delivery, sorting, dismantling or cutting - these are all services that provide points of reception, using which you reduce your profit.
Is it possible to hand over scrap metal repeatedly?
This is the most difficult question from the point of view of law. The fact is that the repeated delivery of scrap metal to an ordinary citizen can qualify as entrepreneurial activityby obliging him to register as an entrepreneur. However, there are some nuances:
- Under the entrepreneurial activity refers to activities aimed at the systematic profit. According to the clarifications of the tax authorities, “systematic” is considered to be operations performed during the calendar year 2 or more times,
- in addition, to ensure that the sale of scrap metal by an ordinary citizen is recognized as entrepreneurial activity, the mere establishment of the fact of their repeated commission is not enough. It will be required for tax authorities to be able to prove, first of all:
- that the specified scrap metal was originally bought for its subsequent surrender in order to make a profit, and is not, for example, the result of prolonged household use of the facility sold for scrap,
- that all completed transactions for the sale of scrap metal are systematic, i.e. repeated repeatedly.
Thus, if the seller sells scrap metal several times during the year, but can prove its everyday origin, no one can qualify these transactions as entrepreneurial activities. However, if the supplier, for example, handed over 10 computers as scrap metal several times during the month, then these transactions run the risk of being called entrepreneurial activity. So, you need:
- registration by an entrepreneur with a tax authority,
- obtaining a license to work with scrap metal.
But if a citizen handed over all these computers only 1 time per year (i.e., all computers, for example, on the same day) and no longer resorted to the services of scrap metal receivers, then such a transaction in its frequency no longer falls within the concept of entrepreneurial activity. And the tax inspectorate has only an attempt to prove the opposite!
And if, for example, an entrepreneur surrenders scrap metal within a year 2 or more times? In order to clearly answer this, one will have to answer another question: is the indicated scrap metal a product of the entrepreneur’s own activity, or is it purchased from third parties for the subsequent re-delivery of this scrap metal to the final receiver?
- it’s purchased scrap metal, and it was bought for the entrepreneur’s production activities, was registered as a material, but didn’t fit its characteristics for work - then its sale does not require a license. Because the specified scrap metal was not originally bought for resale,
- it is purchased scrap metal, but the entrepreneur initially bought it for resale, then a license for working with scrap metal will be required. In this case, even one operation performed without a license will be enough to be fined up to 5 thousand rubles with confiscation of the purchased scrap metal (Article 14.1 of the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation).