If you constantly burst cookies with cakes, bake them with buns, and bite chocolates with ice cream, and still can not stop, then this article is for you!
“Addiction to sweets” - a long-established term. The most curious thing is that most people know a lot about sugar, more than about all other food products. Including the reasons for dependence on this scourge.
Therefore, I will not discuss here the reasons for craving for sweets and starchy foods. A lot of articles have been written about this, one of the other stupid. For if there was any sense, then the dependence on sweets would soon come to naught. But it only grows from year to year.
Well, really, what are these tips: eat more protein and vegetables, generously seasoned with vitamins, and especially chromium (chromium, Karl.), Drink more water, sleep longer than usual - that’s all. And what works? I doubt it very much.
There are bad tips like replacing sweets with dried fruits and marmalades. Is there sugar in them? Do you know that dried dates contain 4 times more sugar than pure glucose? What about honey? This is generally a medicine that should be taken strictly dosed and only during colds.
Better I will tell you my way to get rid of this craving for sweets. And not even about deliverance, but about rational transformation. After all, completely abandoning the sweet - primary stupidity and utter heresy!
I myself, too, am still a fan of sipping cookies with tea, and with a good series, especially in winter, wrapped in a cozy blanket.
The most delicious are the first two cookies!
You yourself must have noticed more than once that the first two cookies turn out to be the most delicious. Well, maybe another third. A maximum of four. The fifth is already almost on the machine and its taste is almost not felt. In any case, it is not as happy as the first two.
We will not analyze the cause of this effect. The main thing is that he is. And it is he who will help us cope with the indefatigable craving for sweets and starchy foods.
In fact, we have to change an established habit. And nothing helps change the habit so much as a clear awareness of what you are doing.
3 steps to get rid of cravings for sweets and flour
1 step. Buy more of your favorite sweets. Yes! You heard right. Buy a lot of them, and let them lie in a prominent place. I consider it utter stupidity to hide sweets from myself. So you only wind up yourself even more, and the desire to eat sweets intensifies.
2 step. When you want sweets, put in your plate the usual portion, how much you always eat. If this is a whole packet of cookies, then the path will be a packet. If a kilogram, then a kilogram. Overpower the whole cake - go ahead!
3. step is the most important. Awareness. Start eating sweets. But not as usual, throwing handfuls of delicious food into your mouth, like coal in a firebox, but slowly and consciously.
Feel every cookie, the first piece of cake, or what you grind there. Especially the first one. Is not it, it really tastes better and brighter than all subsequent ones?
Feel the taste of this first cookie as consciously as possible, with all your attention. Feel all the shades of taste, texture, sweetness, something else. To do this, do not swallow it immediately, chew it and try it well.
Do the same with the second cookie, and the third, and so on.
Perhaps the first time the method does not work, and you still persuade a kilogram of cookies, or even more. But each time you will accustom your mind and your body to feel and feel better, to realize what you eat and how you eat.
That is all! Nothing complicated, right?
However, there are a couple of nuances to consider.
Firstly, the method will not work if you watch TV or fumble on the Internet while eating sweets. Either one or the other. I think this is obvious. It is impossible to track all the subtleties of taste and simultaneously chat with friends in a chat room.
Secondly, try not to drink sweets. No tea, no coffee, or anything else. So you definitely eat a lot more, and most importantly - you can not feel the taste. If you are used to eating sweets with tea, then leave tea for last. First cookies, then tea.
Thirdly, in no case do not scold yourself and do not intentionally limit. Type: now I’ll eat 5 cookies, but no more! This will only aggravate the situation. Eat as much as you want.
If you learn to clearly understand the process of eating sweets, to feel in their entirety their taste, texture, viscosity, sweetness, etc., you will soon notice yourself that you no longer want to overeat. You eat as much as you enjoy eating.
The key word here is nice.
And finally. Sweet is not always harmful. Today, everyone is simply obsessed with the dangers of sweet and flour:
Drug, worse than real drugs! It provokes type 2 diabetes! White death!! Blah blah blah…
I beg of you! Yes, this is all bullshit! Sweet at all times was a reward. Everyone loves him, always and everywhere, from small to large.
And spread rot for the eaten extra cookie - it's just ridiculous. In the life of most people there are so few joys, and here they also dare and frighten from sweets with all kinds of passions.
Bodily pleasure is the source of all our pleasant feelings and positive thoughts. Take away bodily pleasure from a person, and he will be overwhelmed with frustration, anger and hatred. His thinking will become perverted, his creativity will run low. He will develop a self-destruction installation.
Alexander Lowen - “Pleasure: A Creative Approach to Life”
Incidentally, the thought of the dangers of sweets in themselves is much more harmful than that sweet thing. When you eat a cake and think about how harmful it is and what should be stopped, it is your thoughts that do you more harm than the cake. Think about it!
Moreover, how do you know why your body wanted this particular candy or this particular cookie? You do not burst what horrible. You choose something specific. A specific type of cookie, or favorite cake, not anyhow.
Maybe your body just lacks precisely those substances that are contained in these products? Well give it to him! And do not worry your brains.
Another thing is to think what you are doing. Be aware of the process of eating sweets, feel, enjoy, finally, and do not throw sweets on a fully automatic machine. Meru will tell you your own body. Be aware and everything will be all right with you.
Bookmark the article so you can quickly find it later.. Stay in touch! Subscribe to our channel in Telegram - findself.
Share the article on social networks. By doing this, you really help other people!
Why is sweet harmful?
Sweet provokes obesity. Shop sweets contain a lot of fat and fast carbohydrates, which go to the construction of fatty tissues. In addition, an excess of sugar increases cholesterol, worsens the condition of the skin and teeth, causes damage to blood vessels and can even lead to diabetes and gastrointestinal diseases.
The body does not receive any vitamins from industrial sweets - these are empty calories that do not give the body anything useful. The feeling of fullness will also not last long - after 1.5-2 hours you will want to eat again. That is why it is necessary to refuse sweets. And not only to those who want to lose weight. Healthy eating and sugar are not compatible.
Why is it hard to overcome the craving for sweets?
The problem is that it is most difficult to overcome the craving for sweets. First off, it's delicious. Secondly, sweets are a quick source of energy. For many, the ideal option is to eat in the face of a lack of time. Finally, in-store confectionery causes addictive due to the presence of special additives in them. A person quickly becomes addicted to chocolate bars, cakes or cookies. Overcoming such a captivating habit can be extremely difficult. This is very beneficial for industrialists interested in increasing profits.
Why are sweets and flour products harmful?
Let's talk a little about how confectionery and bakery products affect the body. They can be visualized as a coin, but as we all know, a coin always has two sides.
The first side is how the product looks beautiful, has a pleasant smell and good taste. The second side is what is hidden under the label. Any sweets and bakery products have a bad effect on the body and have a bad effect on the figure. Why is this all happening?
This is because confectionery and pastries are fast carbohydrates. Unlike complex carbohydrates, they are immediately stored in subcutaneous fat after consumption. The only sweets that positively affect the body are natural honey and dark chocolate. With regular use of foods that contain a lot of sugar, addiction can be caused.
How to give up sugar and sweets: 6 ways to stop eating sweets
- Eat balanced and fully, do not take long breaks between meals. Hunger often causes overeating and assaults on a box of chocolates. Do not skip breakfast. Complex carbohydrates are required in the morning. For example, porridge with fruits.
- Do you want to eat candy? Sit down 10 times. Physical activity contributes to the production of hormones of happiness, which means you do not have to seek solace in desserts. In addition, playing sports, it becomes a pity to absorb sweets. Otherwise, what is the use of exhausting yourself with training ?!
- Drink more water. Water quenches thirst and soothes a feeling of hunger, fills the stomach and speeds up metabolic processes in the body. A person who consumes enough drinking water is much less likely to need to overeat and eat unhealthy foods.
- Do not keep sweets at home. Of course, advice is more suitable for those who live alone. At the same time, try to teach household members to proper nutrition. Sweets will not bring benefits to children either. Remove sweets from the diet gradually. Reduce the amount first, then replace the bars with dried fruits and honey. Stop encouraging kids with sweets. Warn grandparents and all those who come with guests to visit. Let them bring fruits, juices, but not chocolate.
- Drink less tea and especially coffee. Few people eat sweets dryly. Most often, sweet is attached to a cup of fragrant tea. A kind of ritual. Try to make tea breaks as little as possible. Drink less coffee - not many people like this drink without sugar and cream. Instead, drink green tea, hibiscus, brew herbal preparations. They are pleasant to drink in its pure form, without a bit of candy without candy.
- Add healthy fats. They reduce cravings for sweets. Eat red fish steamed or lightly salted, nuts, seeds, eggs, avocados. Eat olive oil in small amounts. Drink omega-3 vitamins.
What can replace sweets?
Doctors strongly recommend stopping the use of industrial confectionery and sugar in its pure form. But you can always have a bite with a portion of honey or homemade jam, dates, figs, prunes, dried apricots, candied fruits.
- You can also have a snack with fruit. Always keep them handy, carry a pair of washed apples or bananas in your purse.
- For lovers of sweet tea and coffee, there are natural sugar substitutes. For example, stevia. It has no calories, and it is almost harmless with moderate use. Read more about all sugar substitutes (harmless and harmful) in this article.
Many argue that they cannot live without sweets, but most have not even tried to abandon them. Be patient. The habit is formed 31 days. Try to hold out just a month without sweets and gingerbread, and you will notice that life without sweets is possible. Matter of habit!
If none of the suggested tips helps, and the craving for sweets does not subside, get a specialist consultation. Make an appointment with a therapist, endocrinologist, take tests.
How to get rid of cravings for sweets quickly?
You need to be careful about your diet, because a large amount of sugar in the body lowers immunity and promotes the development of bacteria and parasites. Sugar contains a large amount of glucose. With moderate consumption of sweets, this is even useful, but an overabundance in the menu of confectionery and flour products provokes the development of diabetes. Therefore, it is so important to know how to get rid of cravings for sweets and starchy foods.
Different sweet products are harmful in their own way. Cakes, rolls, cookies are prepared on the basis of margarine and other fats, which are harmful and sugar free. Chocolate bars actually contain a minimal amount of chocolate. The lion's share of their content is the same sugar. Sweets and chewing gums are the "killers" of teeth: they destroy enamel and contribute to the development of caries.
Next, consider how to get rid of craving for sweets to any person. This can be done if instead of sweets, use:
- Chocolate bars sold at a pharmacy or sports nutrition store. They have a low sugar content and low calorie content.
- Use a sugar substitute or gradually reduce its amount when drinking coffee and tea.
- Instead of sweet and starchy foods, there are more fruits that are not only tasty, but also very healthy.
- You can use honey as a dessert! It is rich in vitamins and harmless, as it is produced in an organic way. One spoonful of honey fills the body with healthy carbohydrates and energy reserves for the coming hours.
What causes the craving for sweets and starchy foods?
Craving for sweet and starchy foods is caused by the fact that the body needs carbohydrates. Our eye does not distinguish between complex and simple. Only when they enter the stomach does the body decide who should go further. If carbohydrates are complex, then they break down for a long time and are slowly absorbed and saturate us with energy throughout the day, and if carbohydrates are simple, then they immediately turn into subcutaneous fat. Therefore, it is better to replace the pie or candy with a banana, thereby satisfying the need for sweets.
Often, addiction is caused by foods that contain fast carbohydrates. How does this happen? A person gets used to the sweet and tasty, and the body requires more and more portions of this poison. Not getting the usual amount of carbohydrates, a person becomes irritable, dull or lethargic. A new portion of dessert gives the body energy, strength reappears, a good mood returns. So an ordinary habit becomes addictive.
Refusal of sweet and flour according to the method of Dr. Virgin
Consider the methodology of the famous nutritionist - Dr. Virgin. We learn how to get rid of cravings for sweets and starchy foods. Reviews confirm that this technique works flawlessly.
At the first stage, we will not give up everything sweet and flour. We will only reduce the amount of harmful substances consumed by replacing foods with those with less sugar. For example: instead of sugar we will eat honey, instead of sweets - berries, instead of cakes with a lot of cream - biscuits without cream, etc. At this stage, which lasts 2 weeks, it is allowed to eat desserts, but in small quantities.
The next step is to reduce fructose intake.
Dr. Virgin believes that at this stage, the body switches from generating energy from sugar to generating energy from fats. Soon you will not have to wonder how to get rid of cravings for sweets during a diet.
At the second stage, the duration of which is already 3 weeks, we will need to minimize not only the consumption of table sugar, but also its natural counterparts. The main objective is the manipulation of taste buds. We need them to get used to consuming the minimum amount of sugar. At this stage, fruits should be excluded from the diet, as they are the main source of fructose.
We try sugar again
How to get rid of cravings for sweets by the method of Dr. Virgin? To do this, we move on to the next stage, in which we must check our body. Start eating sweets again. If you did everything according to plan, then eating sweets will not be as enjoyable as before. At this stage, your taste buds should get used to the minimum amount of sugar, and if you put 3 pieces of refined tea in tea, you should feel cloying, because you are already used to one piece. We check how the body was rebuilt to generate energy from fats. To do this, eat any dessert: chocolate, sweets, cakes, cream cake, pastries. If after their use there was discomfort - heartburn, belching, bloating, then perestroika is going according to plan, and soon the craving for sweets will disappear altogether.
Experimentation is allowed up to 3 days.
At the last stage, you must resort to the first step, that is, return products with an average sugar content to your diet. You can again afford a small amount of sweets, but your body will no longer feel the urgent need for sugar. After going through these steps several times in a cycle, you can permanently abandon the use of sugar or reduce cravings for it to a minimum so as not to harm the body.
10 reasons to give up sweets
- В производственные сладости помимо сахара кладут разные химические добавки для улучшения вкуса, а также ароматизаторы и красители, которые могут вызвать у человека аллергию или спровоцировать развитие различных болезней ЖКТ.
- Сахар ухудшает работу сердечно-сосудистой системы, что делает вас слабыми.
- Сладкое повышает уровень холестерина.
- From sweets (fast carbohydrates) the body will not receive any beneficial substances.
- Sweet can harm your teeth and increase your chance of tooth decay.
- An increased amount of sugar in the body worsens the appearance of the skin.
- You can’t get enough sweet for a long time, after a couple of hours the body will again require food.
- Sugar can cause high blood glucose and cause the pancreas to produce excess insulin, which threatens to develop type 2 diabetes.
- Sweets are high in calories. Having eaten a small amount of confectionery or pastries, you will receive a large number of calories, and as a result you will get obesity.
- Without the usual portion of sweet you will feel annoyed and unsatisfied.
Here are some more tips on how to get rid of cravings for sweets (reviews on this subject are available):
- During sports, your body produces the hormone of happiness, and you will not need to look for it in chocolate and other pastries and pastries.
- If you still miss sweets, you can eat a spoonful of honey. It is harmless and a good alternative to any dessert.
- Refuse sugar gradually, for example, if you put 4 tablespoons of sugar in tea, then gradually reduce its amount. After a while, you will drink tea without sugar and realize that it is just as tasty.
- Instead of sweets, eat more fruits and berries.
- Just stop buying sweets and you won’t be tempted.
- When you want sweets, replace them with healthy foods.
- Find yourself an incentive. Imagine how you will have a beautiful figure after losing weight. Imagine how you will feel good without eating flour and sweets.
- Drink more water. Water improves metabolism.
- Use sweeteners.
- Set real goals, that is, do not try to get rid of cravings for sweets in one day, understand that it will take time.
These tips will tell you how to get rid of cravings for sweets.
How to get rid of cravings for sweets in 21 days
Another common way to eliminate the cravings for confectionery and pastry is to give up desserts for 21 days. Twenty-one days or three weeks is the period for which a person can get rid of any habit. It is likely that your abuse of sugary foods is a common habit and will disappear after three weeks. You need to set a goal and exclude all sweets and starchy foods from your diet for 21 days. After a specified period, you will notice that the craving for sweets has disappeared. You can also notice positive changes in the body during this period. Part of the subcutaneous fat will disappear, the figure will become slimmer, and health will improve.
How to change eating habits?
A great way to lose weight can be a change in eating habits. To do this, you do not need to sit on strict diets and torment your body with starvation. How to eat right and wholesome:
- Do not eat in front of the TV. While watching TV, you are distracted and can eat much more than you should.
- Use small dishes and get used to putting less food in a plate.
- Drink 30 minutes before eating, it will improve digestion.
- Do not drink while eating, as this is harmful.
- Drink 2 liters of water per day, this is the amount of water that will maintain an optimal level of body water balance and improve metabolism.
- Walk after a meal, so you can immediately burn part of the calories and enrich the body with oxygen.
- Do not eat 4 hours before bedtime.
- 70% of food consumed should be eaten in the first half of the day, the remaining 30% - in the second.
- Also, all products that contain carbohydrates should be eaten at the beginning of the day and gradually reduce food with their content during the day.
Now you know how to get rid of cravings for sweets and change eating habits. Within a few weeks after refusing desserts, you will see positive changes: the skin condition will improve, lightness will appear, heartburn will disappear, digestion will improve.